Author Topic: EM project machine.  (Read 580 times)

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
EM project machine.
« on: March 08, 2014, 12:21:56 PM »
Hi I am keen on dipping my fingers into a EM project machine over the winter to keep me off the couch. Just seeing if anybody out there in Victoria/edge of SA (will travel to pick up) has a project machine they would like to unload.

Setting up a tv in the garage with the beer fridge so I think those two will go well with a EM project.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

HOS

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: EM project machine.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 12:52:54 PM »

Is there a particular game you are looking for ? I'm willing to part with a few projects.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:14:20 PM »
I'm n love with the look of a slick chick. But I now there rare.  Totally depends on the theme and the price.
HOS

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 01:15:19 PM »
I have a nice slick chicks Backglass if you find one ;)

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 01:53:16 PM »
I'm n love with the look of a slick chick. But I now there rare.  Totally depends on the theme and the price.

There was a slick chick on ebay last year sometime here in Adelaide.
I don't think it sold, here is his feedback page, if you message him he might still have it.

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=stray32&ftab=AllFeedback

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. But don't really have a need to drive to Adelaide. Other than the v8 supercars. Heading through melb at the end of March going to the murry for a piss up. Anyways. Pm me if there is any projects out there.
HOS

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. But don't really have a need to drive to Adelaide. Other than the v8 supercars. Heading through melb at the end of March going to the murry for a piss up. Anyways. Pm me if there is any projects out there.

Be lucky to find any pins in Melbourne.. place is like a big black hole when it comes to pinball

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 06:51:48 PM »

Pinball spare parts in bayswater Melbourne normally has project EM's and others.

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »

Slick Chick would be really hard to track down - even a project in restorable condition. You would have better luck extracting a good example from a collection.

Be VERY careful with the eBay EM "projects". I strongly encourage viewing ANY projects from ANY supplier before purchasing.
In terms of EMs, this is what I have in stock. They are mostly from genuine collections with some sourced from overseas and local trade ins.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8618.0

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »
Yeah I defiantly no the slick chick is way off the mark. Just like my dream of a Addams family. I turned down a em few months ago for $600. Kicking myself now. It's the camelot doing the rounds on here now. Turned out to be decent project ( was nervous from the look of it) should always go with u gut feeling and mine said buy it lol. Oh we'll.

I don't think I could buy a em off ebay unless it was a steal. But there is plenty of time to find one.  ^^^
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 09:22:16 PM »
Spirit of 1976 sounds interesting seeing it was my birth year. Even Honey looks ok my girls might love that.

Sent u a pm for pics and a price if you have one cheers.
HOS

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »
1976, now there are some good EMs to choose there. I was lost in arcades many hours a day back then.
Some of my favourites from the top of my head were Royal Flush, Target Alpha, Sure Shot, Volley, Mata Hari, Card Whiz, Capt. Fantastic to name just a few.
Any machine from the late EMs and early SS era would be a great and rewarding restore. Hope you find something good.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 12:34:49 AM »
I had a look at the Slick Chick here in SA, from memory it was in reasonable cond and working.
Only obvious issue was the plastics had degraded whilst the guy had it in storage.
I had seen this before, the plastics on the 50's GTB EM's wrinkle up like a shrink-it and fall apart.

Yeah I defiantly no the slick chick is way off the mark. Just like my dream of a Addams family. I turned down a em few months ago for $600. Kicking myself now. It's the camelot doing the rounds on here now. Turned out to be decent project ( was nervous from the look of it) should always go with u gut feeling and mine said buy it lol. Oh we'll.

I don't think I could buy a em off ebay unless it was a steal. But there is plenty of time to find one.  ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 01:26:08 AM »
Yep and they cant be heated and slumped back to flat either.. they just cook. Repros are  the only answer

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 08:19:07 PM »
You mention 1976, lo and behold an Aztec pops up on ebay. Completely forgot about this title. A fast and frustrating one to keep you busy.
Playfield on this one shows some wear but would make an ideal project for a slow and patient restore.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PINBALL-MACHINE-/331148736621?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item4d1a00b86d&_uhb=1
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,