Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57033 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1515 on: July 12, 2013, 11:31:02 PM »
If it was me, I would hang in there just for the hell of it. I mean, u (anyone who ordered a long time ago) have waited this long, why not a bit longer.....

cause u might then spend the next 3 yrs wondering what it would have been like to have the dam thing in your loungeroom, then might not be able to get a LE model.............

OR u wait n see just how many end up on the 2nd hand market quickly in Australia if people who bought don't like the game n pick up a bargain in 12 months time (accepting they are here in a month oe two) and that after 12 months of ownership some might get bored...something tells me the WOZ stock of parts at JJP will be massively overstocked because he expected to sell a lot more std models n has not because the LE model didn't get out quick enough to boost the hype n sell the std models....u might see std WOZ models or even hybrid premium WOZ stuff coming out of JJP at very very cheap prices this next 12 to 24 months if they stay in business....I don't liker to use the word liquidation, but something has to change or who knows if Hobbit will ever make the light of day or even be the last machine ever built by JJP.

It all feels n looks like a Pinball 2000 job..... First model Pin2000 to save the company n get things going, 2nd Pin2000 model to keep the company going but in the end the figures just couldnt keep the place alive... I see a very big comparison here...Hope I am wrong...

but honestly, as long as Gary Stern keeps doing what he and his people are doing, we still have a good pinball industry going. Without Stern, we start talking extinction and dinosaurs which will all become part of the kids tours at all local museums which would be a real shame n end to a 100 yr old industry.

Another 3 or 4 months, and the dust will settle n lets see if JJP can pull themselves out of the shit literally n get some credibility back. I hope so. I am always trying to be a optimist if at all possible.

Wouldn't mind hearing how n if Pete gets his money back or if a machine magically turns up by airmail to keep him happy.....interesting few weeks ahead...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:34:11 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !