Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57035 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1515 on: July 13, 2013, 09:46:11 AM »

Produce and then we will buy..otherwise....sod off!

This is the problem. Anyone who has $2~3M to design, setup & manufacture a pinball machine is either going to have to charge $12K for it or they may as well leave the money in the bank. It will never happen in our lifetimes. A different financing model is required and Jack has tried one of them.

The following is ALL my opinion only..........

Full marks to Jack for achieving what he has - I think the wheels fell off because he was conned by some "computer geniuses" as I firmly believe this IS NOT the way to go with a pinball machine. Fixing a WOZ/Hobbit (whatever) will be a real pain - for one thing, it takes a WMS machine 12 seconds from power on to "ready to play" - a WOZ takes MORE THAN 3 minutes!

Try changing a coil or soldering a switch - wait 3 mins, do some more work, wait 3 minutes etc etc etc - not for me......I would smash it after the first few power ups.

Had he spent the extra time and effort developing a "proper" boardset things might be a lot different.

I have had emails back & forth with Jack and he is well aware of my opinions (he contacted me).

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals