Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57033 times)

Offline Sunfox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1515 on: July 13, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »

This is the problem. Anyone who has $2~3M to design, setup & manufacture a pinball machine is either going to have to charge $12K for it or they may as well leave the money in the bank. It will never happen in our lifetimes. A different financing model is required and Jack has tried one of them.

The following is ALL my opinion only..........

Full marks to Jack for achieving what he has - I think the wheels fell off because he was conned by some "computer geniuses" as I firmly believe this IS NOT the way to go with a pinball machine. Fixing a WOZ/Hobbit (whatever) will be a real pain - for one thing, it takes a WMS machine 12 seconds from power on to "ready to play" - a WOZ takes MORE THAN 3 minutes!

Try changing a coil or soldering a switch - wait 3 mins, do some more work, wait 3 minutes etc etc etc - not for me......I would smash it after the first few power ups.

Had he spent the extra time and effort developing a "proper" boardset things might be a lot different.

I have had emails back & forth with Jack and he is well aware of my opinions (he contacted me).

Dude, it takes 25 seconds. That's like 13% of your "more than 3 minutes".

Oh yeah, some proof:

Click of power switch at 0:04. Playfield light sweep patterns at 0:29 seconds.

Instead of taking factually flawed swipes at WOZ (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're too lazy to look this up, vs. deliberately lying to scare customers of your competition)... don't you have your own pinball design to be concentrating on?