Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57033 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1530 on: July 13, 2013, 11:05:13 AM »
I will be very surprised if the mods allow your post to stay - what a fool you are!!

I don't need to say anything about Jack or WOZ - you do a fine job all by yourself.

Please commence legal action against me for my comments - I challenge you to "put up or shut up"!

Produce and then we will buy..otherwise....sod off!

This is the problem. Anyone who has $2~3M to design, setup & manufacture a pinball machine is either going to have to charge $12K for it or they may as well leave the money in the bank. It will never happen in our lifetimes. A different financing model is required and Jack has tried one of them.

The following is ALL my opinion only..........

Full marks to Jack for achieving what he has - I think the wheels fell off because he was conned by some "computer geniuses" as I firmly believe this IS NOT the way to go with a pinball machine. Fixing a WOZ/Hobbit (whatever) will be a real pain - for one thing, it takes a WMS machine 12 seconds from power on to "ready to play" - a WOZ takes MORE THAN 3 minutes!

Try changing a coil or soldering a switch - wait 3 mins, do some more work, wait 3 minutes etc etc etc - not for me......I would smash it after the first few power ups.

Had he spent the extra time and effort developing a "proper" boardset things might be a lot different.

I have had emails back & forth with Jack and he is well aware of my opinions (he contacted me).

Hey dickbag.  I have those emails too and you are full of shit.  You were f**kin lambasted on pinside for being full of shit and you are here too.    Woz takes 7 seconds to boot.  I know because I wrote the OS.  

For anyone who believes this lying dinosaur here is the video of it booting:

I'm sorry you don't have the capability to build something with technology not available In a 1960's television but some of us have skills to build based on modern platforms.

You got technologically schooled on other forums by me and many others, did you think we would let you just spew your shit here too?

I'd be careful, your "opinions" are libelous.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:09:59 AM by Homepin »
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pinchroma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1531 on: July 13, 2013, 11:06:34 AM »
Gladly!  When I get home ill swap an LED in < 30 seconds.   How's that??   Will that get you to stfu and go back to designing your EM?

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #1532 on: July 13, 2013, 11:13:23 AM »
Oh no................. @.@
DW Drums rule !

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #1533 on: July 13, 2013, 11:24:46 AM »
I havent read the 100 odd pagesmhere.

Why the bad blood? Understand if theres misinfo that hurts a games rep, then rectify it but no need to get too hot. I understand jjp may be under a bit of pressure at the moment or not, let us know if you think this is relevant.

But i did make a comment about scoring that was exagerated (due to my poor observations), but i was trying to illustrate a criticism i didnt understand why i had of the game. All i wanted was a couple of opinions to see if the size of scoring does matter. I remember reading flyers promoting the first game with 1M scoring and thinking what a wank. Now maybe it does mean something to wankers like me???

What did concern me was a guy did take offence to my comments that i could see heading a silmilar way if i wanted to be a prick. I took it on board and maybe adding something like the market research we did didnt indicate low scoring units would deterr a player would have been nice.

A professional approach i think will shut people up quickly. Thanks for listening and hope deliveries hit our shores soon so i can hear some good stuff about the gameplay.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #1534 on: July 13, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »

Why the bad blood? Understand if theres misinfo that hurts a games rep, then rectify it but no need to get too hot. I understand jjp may be under a bit of pressure at the moment or not, let us know if you think this is relevant.

But i did make a comment about scoring that was exagerated (due to my poor observations), but i was trying to illustrate a criticism i didnt understand why i had of the game. All i wanted was a couple of opinions to see if the size of scoring does matter. I remember reading flyers promoting the first game with 1M scoring and thinking what a wank. Now maybe it does mean something to wankers like me???

What did concern me was a guy did take offence to my comments that i could see heading a silmilar way if i wanted to be a prick. I took it on board and maybe adding something like the market research we did didnt indicate low scoring units would deterr a player would have been nice.

A professional approach i think will shut people up quickly. Thanks for listening and hope deliveries hit our shores soon so i can hear some good stuff about the gameplay.

+1 Well said.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #1535 on: July 13, 2013, 11:53:38 AM »

+1 Well said.

+2

Pinchroma, we have a position on AP – “Play the ball, not the man.”  Your comments are very much playing the man, and the tone entirely unnecessary (and quite unprofessional from someone claiming to be involved in the project). If you have a view/comment/position, state it, but do not attack authors of other opinions.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #1536 on: July 13, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »

I will be very surprised if the mods allow your post to stay - what a fool you are!!

Happy to remove the rude comments Homepin if you like, or they can be left for members to see the standard of the comments from someone claiming to be part of this project.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1537 on: July 13, 2013, 11:58:59 AM »
Please leave them - people can judge for themselves, this sort of thing is tolerated on Pinside, that's why it is fast becoming another RGP

Methinks they doth protest too much.....

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #1538 on: July 13, 2013, 12:13:15 PM »
The' first to pay, first to play' became the issue

But I have had major reservations for a few months

Will Bumper cover the warranty on games sold directly by Jack?
This was never answered

But the bigger one was the LED's, they cannot be swapped out by the home hobbyist.
If a LED was to burn out, the circuit board had to be returned to base (probably at the buyers expense)

Then there was the BS
The machines will only ship when the code is 100% finished
Nobody will have to pay for game #2 before they recieve their WOZ
Games will ship Dec 2011
Make that December 2012
March 2013
End of April
Building them now, shipping in 2 weeks (air)
Building them now, shipping in 2 weeks  (air)
Building them now, expect to ship in a week (not doing air, via sea)
We think we might have sent some, but not yours. We might be sending more in 2 weeks, but we are not certain

Who told you a home user can't swap an LED?  Jesus so much misinformation.  Contact me directly for facts

Why should he ? Who are you and what is your involvement with this project ?

Pete - All I can say is that if you have cancelled your order after demonstrating a positive attitude and buckets of patience, then it is a sad day for JJP in Australia.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #1539 on: July 13, 2013, 12:14:44 PM »
Gladly!  When I get home ill swap an LED in < 30 seconds.   How's that??   Will that get you to stfu and go back to designing your EM?

If you are an employee of JJP, how about posting your real name and your position within the company ?

Do the rest of the staff at JJP exhibit the same level of communication and public relations ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Sunfox

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1540 on: July 13, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »
I was quoting from an owner of a WOZ who told me "more than 3 minutes" - I am NOT knocking Jack, far from it - re-read my post. I have to assume by your arrogant reply that possibly you are one of Jacks "computer genuises"??

I am also not judging - I don't have to, as time will reveal all.

Exactly WHAT is the holdup in the factory if it isn't the PC as you continue to wail as loud as you can? Come clean and tell your customers exactly WHAT is the holdup in the production?

You won't - because it *is* the PC........that's my take until you come clean with a more plausible reason.

You have to understand that in the complete absense of ANY reason for the delays, people will start to look for answers themselves. Please prove my theory wrong.

I don't quite get your reply. You say it takes more than 3 minutes to boot, and then go on with examples of how horrible that will be for everyone. I show you a video proving it boots in 25 seconds including BIOS stuff - that's fact - and you come asking me to prove the holdup isn't because of the pc?? How are those two items related?

Also, you know exactly who I am - and am not.

Yes, production is slow. Horribly slow. As a mere customer, I don't know why. But I doubt screwing a motherboard down is the cause.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1541 on: July 13, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »
Personal attacks on me by yourself and a JJP employee here and on other sites are neither warranted nor professional.

It would be much better if Pinchroma or better still, Jack himself came clean and actually told people what the problems are with production - that would stop all of the guesses and then we would know the facts.

Until then, I stick by my theory that it is the PC side of things slowing production down.

You say 25secs for the machine to boot - Pinchroma says less - an owner told me 3 mins??? Who do we believe based on events so far? I go with the owner myself.

I don't really care and I didn't bother looking at the video - it would be better to have a bit of honesty and transparency with this project, after all it is the customers who have financed it.

I was quoting from an owner of a WOZ who told me "more than 3 minutes" - I am NOT knocking Jack, far from it - re-read my post. I have to assume by your arrogant reply that possibly you are one of Jacks "computer genuises"??

I am also not judging - I don't have to, as time will reveal all.

Exactly WHAT is the holdup in the factory if it isn't the PC as you continue to wail as loud as you can? Come clean and tell your customers exactly WHAT is the holdup in the production?

You won't - because it *is* the PC........that's my take until you come clean with a more plausible reason.

You have to understand that in the complete absense of ANY reason for the delays, people will start to look for answers themselves. Please prove my theory wrong.

I don't quite get your reply. You say it takes more than 3 minutes to boot, and then go on with examples of how horrible that will be for everyone. I show you a video proving it boots in 25 seconds including BIOS stuff - that's fact - and you come asking me to prove the holdup isn't because of the pc?? How are those two items related?

Also, you know exactly who I am - and am not.

Yes, production is slow. Horribly slow. As a mere customer, I don't know why. But I doubt screwing a motherboard down is the cause.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #1542 on: July 13, 2013, 12:42:57 PM »
I think there is a bit of history with a few people on Pinside and without trying to play a particular side we need to remove the emotion and stick to facts.

- JJP yes hasn't been producing and delivering as promised and I feel for the long time investors like Pete  !!!
- The boot times are quicker than estimated or believed - that is excellent for the owners  #*#
- please keep this thread on WOZ and other threads fun, polite, factual and informative  ^^^ and not stoop down to poor forum behaviour

- some of our US member like Sunfox has been a member here for a while and shares great info, Pinchroma is well known in the US for great pinball products and great for the hobby and probably found us through positive posts placed elsewhere
- some of aussie members like Homepin are excellent for the pinball community with the products they provide
- our forum mods strangeways and pinnies4me are excellent mods and create and maintain a excellent site for all of us to visit and share info
- some members are a rightly upset with delivery promises and are airing which is fine but ask that we all try and be nice to each other
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1543 on: July 13, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
* Pop Bumper Pete hugs Swinks

Offline Pinchroma

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1544 on: July 13, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
I think there is a bit of history with a few people on Pinside and without trying to play a particular side we need to remove the emotion and stick to facts.

- JJP yes hasn't been producing and delivering as promised and I feel for the long time investors like Pete  !!!
- The boot times are quicker than estimated or believed - that is excellent for the owners  #*#
- please keep this thread on WOZ and other threads fun, polite, factual and informative  ^^^ and not stoop down to poor forum behaviour

- some of our US member like Sunfox has been a member here for a while and shares great info, Pinchroma is well known in the US for great pinball products and great for the hobby and probably found us through positive posts placed elsewhere
- some of aussie members like Homepin are excellent for the pinball community with the products they provide
- our forum mods strangeways and pinnies4me are excellent mods and create and maintain a excellent site for all of us to visit and share info
- some members are a rightly upset with delivery promises and are airing which is fine but ask that we all try and be nice to each other

Every purchaser has a right to be upset due to delays but what they don't need is a liar (who is now a competitor) spreading false rumors and causing problems.   It's libelous.   And quite frankly everyone knows me but who is your "woz owner" who is saying it takes 3 minutes to boot?  I'm here answering questions.  Why not stop the lies mike and tell everyone who the owner is?   I'll gladly look them up in the customer database, call them personally, and with their permission record to call to play here.   There is no game that takes more than 20 seconds to boot from bios post to game.  It's not actually possible for it to take that long but since you don't understand modern electronics I can understand why this may be a foreign concept.  

Please provide the name of the owner.    You won't because you are a liar.