Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57033 times)

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1545 on: July 13, 2013, 01:07:09 PM »
And quite frankly everyone knows me .  

Sorry, I don't?

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #1546 on: July 13, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »
Hi Pinchroma

I ask this politely and not to cause grief ........is there some reason why, with all the bad speculation going on all over the main forums across the planet, why Jack doesnt make an official statement to the pinball community as to the actual reasons behind the delays.....wouldnt it be much better for him to come out and state "X" at the moment so all the speculation and guesses could be put to rest? Isnt that better for the company rather than let all this carry on ( yes, which I have been part of questioning many times ) forever and ever?

Now in Australia - JJP have buyers not only worried about when the heck they will get thier games but also the Bumper situation , and all the buyers get is basically silence or here-say - which is never good.

Any thoughts on that in general , as a JJP employee?

DW Drums rule !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #1547 on: July 13, 2013, 01:13:34 PM »
Again - attacks on me and my knowledge - it's obvious you have no idea who I am or what level of electronic knowledge I have.

I emailed Jack and asked him to summons me if he feels my comments are damaging - I'm happy for the magistrate to decide but I will not have you being the judge and jury.

You are a programmer with a vested interest in the WOZ project - I get that - what I don't get is why you feel the need to stick the knife in me personally?

So let's stop the rot right now and come clean with the REAL reason behind the delys because I have to say that your carry on here on this forum is doing far more damage to JJP than I ever could (not that I wish to and not that I would want to).

Pinside "pitchfork" antics don't work here I'm afraid.

Oh - and for the record - I never intended to sell my machine to the USA for many reasons (many on this forum knew that before I announced the theme) , so I'm no threat or challenge to JJP or anyone else. There are many reasons why I won't sell there but I doubt you would bother to listen to them.

Every purchaser has a right to be upset due to delays but what they don't need is a liar (who is now a competitor) spreading false rumors and causing problems.   It's libelous.   And quite frankly everyone knows me but who is your "woz owner" who is saying it takes 3 minutes to boot?  I'm here answering questions.  Why not stop the lies mike and tell everyone who the owner is?   I'll gladly look them up in the customer database, call them personally, and with their permission record to call to play here.   There is no game that takes more than 20 seconds to boot from bios post to game.  It's not actually possible for it to take that long but since you don't understand modern electronics I can understand why this may be a foreign concept.  

Please provide the name of the owner.    You won't because you are a liar.  
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pinchroma

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1548 on: July 13, 2013, 01:20:57 PM »
I honestly don't know what the bumper situation is.   I don't deal with anything but engineering.  As stated on the JJP forums that the delays have been different things at different times.   There are no current delays.   We are just about ramped up to 40 games a week.  At one point we were waiting on production light and I/O boards for a LONG time.   After we put some proto's out on the street we were able to stress test some components and realized a few things needed tweaking or a minor redesign so we sent those out to be fixed and produced.  

Everything in this game is new.  Every part, every process, every line of code.    Video game companies take 2-3 years between game releases and that's using an existing engine and its just software development.    We built a brand new high definition platform including all physical components, new cabinet printing methods, new os, new game platform, built a factory, and trained a workforce in 30 months from idea to delivery.   Anyone familiar with any of this individual tasks will know what a Herculean task this was.    Games are shipping. We are shipping in batches.  

I don't know what the "bumper" situation is but the warranty on games regardless of distrib will be handled by JJP so no worries there as I saw someone was concerned about that?

Offline Pinchroma

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1549 on: July 13, 2013, 01:24:46 PM »
Again - attacks on me and my knowledge - it's obvious you have no idea who I am or what level of electronic knowledge I have.

I emailed Jack and asked him to summons me if he feels my comments are damaging - I'm happy for the magistrate to decide but I will not have you being the judge and jury.

You are a programmer with a vested interest in the WOZ project - I get that - what I don't get is why you feel the need to stick the knife in me personally?

So let's stop the rot right now and come clean with the REAL reason behind the delys because I have to say that your carry on here on this forum is doing far more damage to JJP than I ever could (not that I wish to and not that I would want to).

Pinside "pitchfork" antics don't work here I'm afraid.

Oh - and for the record - I never intended to sell my machine to the USA for many reasons (many on this forum knew that before I announced the theme) , so I'm no threat or challenge to JJP or anyone else. There are many reasons why I won't sell there but I doubt you would bother to listen to them.

Every purchaser has a right to be upset due to delays but what they don't need is a liar (who is now a competitor) spreading false rumors and causing problems.   It's libelous.   And quite frankly everyone knows me but who is your "woz owner" who is saying it takes 3 minutes to boot?  I'm here answering questions.  Why not stop the lies mike and tell everyone who the owner is?   I'll gladly look them up in the customer database, call them personally, and with their permission record to call to play here.   There is no game that takes more than 20 seconds to boot from bios post to game.  It's not actually possible for it to take that long but since you don't understand modern electronics I can understand why this may be a foreign concept.  

Please provide the name of the owner.    You won't because you are a liar.  

If you don't understand why myself and a bunch of other people are upset with you and your constant lies and woz bashing then you seriously need help.   Your company is no threat to anyone in the pinball world, it's your constant lies and berating which are the problem.   Again who is your "owner".  Why don't YOU come clean.   You can't because you lied about that too.   Just answer that question.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #1550 on: July 13, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »
You still don't get it do you? Personal attacks on me won't help your cause or your credibility.

I will not "out" one of your customers so you can track her down and hound her for "speaking out".

If I *were* a JJP customer and saw your ravings I would be very concerned......

If you don't understand why myself and a bunch of other people are upset with you and your constant lies and woz bashing then you seriously need help.   Your company is no threat to anyone in the pinball world, it's your constant lies and berating which are the problem.   Again who is your "owner".  Why don't YOU come clean.   You can't because you lied about that too.   Just answer that question.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pinchroma

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1551 on: July 13, 2013, 01:40:14 PM »
So lets all think about this logically for a second.   You know of a Customer who's game Is supposedly having a problem who doesn't want assistance in fixing it?

Let me ask other forum people.  If mike's customer existed, and was having trouble, wouldn't it stand to reason that "she" would want assistance?  How's many of you purchased a nib game and had an issue never to call the vendor to help rectify it?   

If this person existed they would have spoken to me.

Sorry but your story doesn't hold water.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #1552 on: July 13, 2013, 01:46:44 PM »
I hope there were a lot of female purchasers  @.@ anyway thanks for explaining some if not all the problems faced. It is a tough task. Maybe regular bulletins of problems faced might have been useful. I don't know if explaining things like this in the pinball industry is bad for business????
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Pinchroma

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1553 on: July 13, 2013, 01:50:17 PM »
I hope there were a lot of female purchasers  @.@ anyway thanks for explaining some if not all the problems faced. It is a tough task. Maybe regular bulletins of problems faced might have been useful. I don't know if explaining things like this in the pinball industry is bad for business????

Delays happen.  Normally you build or manufacture something that has a few dozen maybe even a few hundred parts.  Not a game with thousands.   That just compounds the issue :).  Multiple suppliers. Each part needed for the next mech to be built.  One slows down, holds everything else up.   Now that everything is in place, proper suppliers for each part, smooth sailing on that front from here on out.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #1554 on: July 13, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »
Pinchroma can you let us all know what your position is within JJP and who you are ? You seem to have dodged that question several times.

Offline Pinchroma

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1555 on: July 13, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »
Operating system developer.  As stated above?   I said in an earlier thread I wrote the OS.  And the update mechanisms as well.

Offline Sunfox

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1556 on: July 13, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »
Personal attacks on me by yourself and a JJP employee here and on other sites are neither warranted nor professional.

It would be much better if Pinchroma or better still, Jack himself came clean and actually told people what the problems are with production - that would stop all of the guesses and then we would know the facts.

Until then, I stick by my theory that it is the PC side of things slowing production down.

You say 25secs for the machine to boot - Pinchroma says less - an owner told me 3 mins??? Who do we believe based on events so far? I go with the owner myself.

I don't really care and I didn't bother looking at the video - it would be better to have a bit of honesty and transparency with this project, after all it is the customers who have financed it.

Here's the problem: as a competitor, going around on Pinside, Aussie Arcade and now here as the supposed expert on everything wrong with the WOZ hardware platform while evidently not knowing the first thing about the system, is not professional. Then, whenever it's either pointed out that what you're saying isn't supported by verifiable facts, or whenever someone requests you back up your claims with facts of your own, you get defensive, blame everyone but yourself ("someone else told me"), refuse to provide any supporting evidence, then usually disappear only to pop up in some other place with the same claims.

I believe this quote warrants repeating and perfectly expresses our frustration with Mike's method of operation:

You say 25secs for the machine to boot - Pinchroma says less - an owner told me 3 mins??? Who do we believe based on events so far? I go with the owner myself. ... I don't really care and I didn't bother looking at the video

"Don't confuse me with the facts, because my mind's already made up."

So - you say the PC is holding up production. In the interests of turning this into a useful conversion, in your experience can you tell me what aspect of the WOZ PC system you believe is holding up production, and why you believe this is happening?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:20:12 PM by Sunfox »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1557 on: July 13, 2013, 02:16:20 PM »
Wow this thread turned to shit fast.  
  I get it takes time to build a new game I get it takes time to troubleshoot game.

I just think the bullshit deadlines and request for full payments are the main issue.   I know if I was a WOz customer I'd much rather hear that there are issues being sorted out sorry for the delays instead of promised deadlines not met one after another.

Good luck with the manufacturing looking forward to seeing a finished product  ^^^

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1558 on: July 13, 2013, 02:17:14 PM »

Delays happen.  Normally you build or manufacture something that has a few dozen maybe even a few hundred parts.  Not a game with thousands.   That just compounds the issue :).  Multiple suppliers. Each part needed for the next mech to be built.  One slows down, holds everything else up.   Now that everything is in place, proper suppliers for each part, smooth sailing on that front from here on out.
So why were we lied to about delivery dates and why are some buyers getting there games before people who ordered first?

Offline Pinchroma

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1559 on: July 13, 2013, 02:25:31 PM »

So why were we lied to about delivery dates and why are some buyers getting there games before people who ordered first?

Games are built in order.  No one got their games before someone else who ordered first unless they bought from a distributor who ordered day 1.   The distrib can ship the games in whatever order they want.  JJP has no control over that.   Any games purchased direct are getting shipped direct in the order they came in with very few exceptions.  those exceptions are limited to games like mine which I need to develop on prod hardware and a few traveling road show games that end up at pin shows.   That's it.

Delivery dates were passed down with best estimations.  It was bad practice to do so and won't be happening again.  The game shipping dates now are estimations based on spot in line.  I've seen your posts on the JJP forum Pete.  Why not ping me or jack directly?    You all know me and know I don't mince words or BS.  That's why I take exception to those that do.