Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57041 times)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1500 on: July 10, 2013, 11:03:05 PM »
 ^ very true any other sort of business people would be asking for shares in the company for giving them the start up capital. Every person preording a WOZ are essentially taking on venture capital type of risk with what some might suggest no additional reward for taking that risk. But there is definitely a downside risk with permanent loss of capital the worse case scenario and even in the best case an opportunity cost of having your money tied up (with no return) for a few years.

No offence to anyone that ordered of course, it's the nature of the beast it appears in pinball? I'm sure anyone who ordered will be very happy when their game finally arrives.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:07:42 PM by Slash »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1501 on: July 11, 2013, 04:07:38 AM »
I originally said 100 pages ago that this would all be a big risk and nicely said no way hosay to taking the risk with this guy as he was a unknown really for building pinball machines.

At the time people said he had runs on the boards because he builds redemption machines....it meant nothing then realistically and still means nothing almost 2 and a half to 3 yrs later. The whole thing has turned embarrassing to say the least and has damaged the pinball Industry IMHO.

JJP said that Stern were building games n delivering them around 2 to 5 weeks late when they were a Stern dealer, that was a big complaint from them about Stern. Well 3 weeks is nothing compared to 3 years latish, and the other gripe was that Sterns prices were too expensive, well the JJP stuff is the dearest on the planet. The two reasons to take on Stern originally became instantly flawed by design or accident. Garys business model is looking pretty sharp to me these days.

It just goes to show, sometimes its best to do things first, n talk later, than talk it up first, then do things a lot a lot a lot later.

I give the guy some browny points for having a go, but the whole business model has been a failure, left a lot of people pissed n embarrassed, and made Gary Stern and his STERN Company look a 100 times better, not to mention the machines they are producing are great, Atern produce a large number of titles, great games n so on...100 pages ago I wasn't so wrong after all initially. Someone said it would be fine, I said fair enough, you guys know this bloke, but the whole thing is one big embarrassing mess...and the next question, is the WOZ game any good, overhyped, slow, or brilliant ???...another 3 months and more answers might be floating around...then there is the question of who in Australia services the machines if u don't live near Bumper. ?????

Anyway, Stern is doing really well, and JJP are having a go......in the end, the negatives of all this I think wil give JJP a bit of a black eye for a very very long time to come. Shame really, cause anything new Pinball is great, but this one went pear shaped early n never really ever recovered, but I could be wrong......known to happen occasionally.lol

p.s - hope everyone is doing well.  ^^^
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:12:45 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline coon82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #1502 on: July 11, 2013, 09:40:26 PM »
 $.$ Cavey. Welcome back!
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #1503 on: July 11, 2013, 10:24:04 PM »
A little off topic about delivery, but is it me or do others feel the same. The scoring units seem lame. I never thought I'd think this because whats the difference scoring one point or 10k or 1 million for something, but looking at the videos and seeing someone play for 10 minutes and see a score of 4k it feels like a half orgasm - unsatisfying and not worth the effort.

Like I said I didn't think it would effect me like that but it des. Its all electronic, do you think they'll change it in a later software update or do you think its not important?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #1504 on: July 11, 2013, 11:42:15 PM »
good call pinball god, with high scores into the millions+++ with the late DMD, i think its ok, all relevant to the game  &^&

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1505 on: July 12, 2013, 07:16:34 AM »
Well, I am out of this

After being told that "your machine is being built, shipping in two weeks" four times , I have decided that this game is not go me and have asked for my money back

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1506 on: July 12, 2013, 08:03:39 AM »
So its not just bumper then.  Sorry to hear this Pete but there is only so much bullshit you can swallow

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1507 on: July 12, 2013, 08:20:29 AM »
So its not just bumper then.  Sorry to hear this Pete but there is only so much bullshit you can swallow

Thanks

The first hand full of games for Bumper are on their way
As I ordered before bumper became a distributor, I found it hard to swallow

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1508 on: July 12, 2013, 09:58:44 AM »

Thanks

The first hand full of games for Bumper are on their way
As I ordered before bumper became a distributor, I found it hard to swallow

How many are coming?

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1509 on: July 12, 2013, 10:03:54 AM »

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #1510 on: July 12, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »
[quoteAs I ordered before bumper became a distributor, I found it hard to swallow][/quote]

It a bit rude from Jack if that the case.There are many more people who went direct threw jack before bumper jumped on board and i would be pissed too.

Does any no what date bumper became a disturber for jack and who got there name down first with them.

Will be asking for my hobbit x 2 deposit back as will be in a nursing home by the time i get that one.
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Sunfox

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1511 on: July 12, 2013, 04:56:22 PM »
A little off topic about delivery, but is it me or do others feel the same. The scoring units seem lame. I never thought I'd think this because whats the difference scoring one point or 10k or 1 million for something, but looking at the videos and seeing someone play for 10 minutes and see a score of 4k it feels like a half orgasm - unsatisfying and not worth the effort.

Like I said I didn't think it would effect me like that but it des. Its all electronic, do you think they'll change it in a later software update or do you think its not important?

Scoring has been working its way up. Right now a "good" but not exceptional game is scoring at about 500,000 points, and the eventual goal as I understand it is for 1 million to be a very good game. So... exaggerating a 10 minute game by saying it scores 4k points is like saying you like getting 1 trillion points on AFM in those same 10 minutes.

Well, I am out of this

After being told that "your machine is being built, shipping in two weeks" four times , I have decided that this game is not go me and have asked for my money back

Out of curiosity, when did you order (ie. day 2, day 20, March...)?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1512 on: July 12, 2013, 05:45:38 PM »
Hahaha wrong again still none on the water for bumper but aparantly there are 4 ready to go???  Who knows?

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1513 on: July 12, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »
This is bloody ridiculous on Jacks part... Pop Bumper Pete - mate, im surprised you hung out this long.

I get the feeling that Jack is putting out fires by concentrating on getting the odd container out to please a multitude of people rather than sticking to his promise of first come first served... single games only please single customer... the whole thing really is a debacle.
Cavey - " runs on the board" - if my memory serves me correct the issue was if the guy was going to go broke setting this up... consensus was that it wouldn't happen as he has the redemption game business to back him up.. pretty sure that was the point being made.

Ok.. so he didn't go broke.. but yeh - he F**ked it big time

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #1514 on: July 12, 2013, 07:33:16 PM »
I really feel sorry for anyone going through this rubbish with their WOZ machine.

Pete - I thought it was first to pay first to play or something like that.  If you ordered and paid before Bumper came online then I too would be more than upset.  I hope you do get your money back if that is the course you want to follow.
Addicted to pins.