Author Topic: Mitch's next project.. Zaccaria Universe  (Read 8735 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Mitch's next project.. Zaccaria Universe
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2014, 08:59:26 AM »
Just look at this restoration.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it documents a truly heroic effort on Mitchs' part to overcome a bunch of hurdles that would have had us mere mortals give up. Maybe this rare machine would have ended up scrapped, put in the too hard basket or sitting around being a sad eyesore.  Instead it can be held up as an inspiration and a lesson.
Secondly, as it's new owner i want to tell you just how fine a restoration this is...believe it or not, the words and pics can't do justice to the finished product.

If you've read this thread before, do yourself a favor and read it again. If you haven't seen this before make the effort. See Mitch recreate whole components (stepper unit rooted?...hey, make one from scratch!), chase down switch gremlins and generally unf*ck a whole lot of questionable Italian engineering ravaged by time and abuse. Be inspired by an epic backglass restore that is full of lessons for anyone doing even basic fixes. Follow Mitchs' steps to get a perfect cabinet finish.  

In the flesh this machine is an absolute stunner. So shiny, so tidy. The closer you look the more impressed you are. Attention to detail, getting it right rather than "good enough". Effort, effort, effort. It looks and feels weeks old rather than decades.

This is the third machine I have bought off Mitch and I only wish he had more to sell. All his restorations have a similar "feel"; smoothness, reliability, and a warmth that comes from enormous amounts of care and passion for what he does.

Take a bow mate you're a legend in the true sense.

I know its a bit of a late response, but cheers Andy thats some pretty good advertising for me  :D

And yes the machine came close to being scrapped a few times during the resto.. it REALLY tested my patience at times! (it came very close to being smashed to pieces at least once!!) but it all worked out well in the end.
Glad to know it has gone to a good home  *%* *%*