Author Topic: SUPER STRAIGHT ? whats that  (Read 4003 times)

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Re: SUPER STRAIGHT ? whats that
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 06:37:25 PM »
Hopefully when soldering I don't burn the paint/wood too much-any tips?

If you use a flux (Baker's soldering fluid is my fave) you should only need minimal heat and so shouldn't burn anything.
Alternatively you could solder before you attach them to the board.  @.@
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »
Just a wee update. The braid Ralph offered was and earth braid which I unfortunately couldn't utilise, so, being an ex sparky I used some old, now illegal, 1mm solid SDI and stripped it too suit the purpose of creating ( train tracks ) wires in parallel.
Pretty happy with myself I then started to solder and fix the components and wires.This sucked as my hands are now very soft and stripping cotton braided wires is a real Bxxxxxd! Blisters to prove it. 
Once again i can say that, this is a truly fantastic hobby to annoy yourself and also feel a sense of achievement as you bring these old girls a new lease on life and hopefully one day get to take her around the block a few times and share with your mates.
Still a long long way to go  @.@
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2014, 01:46:06 AM »
 @@* nice work Andy , Will you repaint the front white? Ps don't drop it again . I suppose it was only a matter of time before the chipboard failed anyway ...
One-Ball!

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 09:25:53 PM »
@@* nice work Andy , Will you repaint the front white? Ps don't drop it again . I suppose it was only a matter of time before the chipboard failed anyway ...
Yeah Dude. still have to build the wooden light concentrators ( if thats what you call them ) then paint white and fit the dummy zeros to make you think you are a pinball champ by scoring big!  @.@
true about the chipboard, but believe me this was the most SOLID part of the original machine. really didn't want to do this.
BTW I actually fixed Surf Champs 3rd player hiccup for next weekend's IOPA meet.  #*#
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.