Author Topic: 2 x NEW Additions .LOL  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: 2 x NEW Additions .LOL
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 06:25:48 PM »
the 2 x staffs are now about 10 to 11 weeks old, and all they do all day is play together and basically playfight nonstop and lay in the sun occassionally.

BUT this afternoon, when the 3 yr old son (3 yrs in december) when he went in the backyard, both dogs attacked him and he had one ripping into his arm and one ripping into his back, and in a very aggressive way. I saw the whole thing before i ran out to save him. My son hadnt done anything at all and was walking from the trampoline when they went ballistic at him and ran accross the yard at him. I have to admit, if i hadnt have stopped them, they would have kept biting him and dragging him to the ground. I was amazed at the aggression. It didnt look like play either. It was very aggressive.

So, until my son gets bigger, i wont allow him with them anymore without my supervision/me being with him at all times, til he is big enough to smack them/get them off him. Even when i smacked them both hard, they wouldnt let go til i really belted them both very very hard, and even then they tried to attack again. I couldnt farkin believe it. It went bad very quickly. If i had one dog only, the aggression would be less cause each dog wouldnt be play fighting with each other all day, so i am now wondering if getting brother n sister dogs at the same time was a bad idea.  I

I am due at the vets this next week so i might get some advice, but the aggression they showed, the growling, the shaking of their heads today, and the continual aggressive attack they wouldnt give up on has me worried cause they bit him hard and drew blood in 3 or 4 places. They havent done it to an adult yet, so i can only imagine they would do it to him cause he is small.   Anyway, thought i would share it cause i think the mistake here is 2 x dogs and not 1. Stay tuned.

Always something friggin going pear shaped.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !