Author Topic: New Stern pinball announced - Mustang  (Read 4086 times)

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: New Stern pinball announced - Mustang
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2014, 10:41:43 PM »
Okay,  finally got the chance to play the pro and I think it is a ball tearer game with a bit of oldskool design coming back into it.
Love the Tommy style skill shot, the multiple top lanes and 4 x bumpers, nice rubber back on in lane posts so the old nudge comes back into play, the flippers that are wider apart so you have to work at a long game, ingenuity like a 2x stage left ramp which diverts to the bowl on right or to the left lane, music is ALLWAYS a good thing in pinball( shame it isn't stereo), ball busting GEARS drop targets that jam it back at you real quick and the good design of a DMD that is finally tilted slightly back so no glare, just like Star Trek.
Bits that are bummers are the donut pit which really doesn't do donuts, the right hand loop bowl which needs to be tilted back slightly to allow a good rocking to make it swirl, left shot lane needed to be longer to give it that GOOD FEELING SHOT and finally you should able to make the music louder than the call outs as some of them are a bit naff!
All in all a bloody good fun game and should not be scoffed at if you see it on site.
Good flow and generally a good theme, although not for me. Light show can be a little over whelming at times with the flashers but bearable.
DMD animations are pretty cool.
I won't judge the cabinet as I don't play the cabinet  ()
Audio 7/10
Playfield 8/10
Fun factor solid 9
If the theme was right I think I would have owned this title. I had a lot of fun and can't see why people knock it apart from theme. If you like Mustangs or Fords in general, this pinball is a no brainer.
Will play LE very soon and see how that goes.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
Okay,  finally got the chance to play the pro and I think it is a ball tearer game with a bit of oldskool design coming back into it.
Love the Tommy style skill shot, the multiple top lanes and 4 x bumpers, nice rubber back on in lane posts so the old nudge comes back into play, the flippers that are wider apart so you have to work at a long game, ingenuity like a 2x stage left ramp which diverts to the bowl on right or to the left lane, music is ALLWAYS a good thing in pinball( shame it isn't stereo), ball busting GEARS drop targets that jam it back at you real quick and the good design of a DMD that is finally tilted slightly back so no glare, just like Star Trek.
Bits that are bummers are the donut pit which really doesn't do donuts, the right hand loop bowl which needs to be tilted back slightly to allow a good rocking to make it swirl, left shot lane needed to be longer to give it that GOOD FEELING SHOT and finally you should able to make the music louder than the call outs as some of them are a bit naff!
All in all a bloody good fun game and should not be scoffed at if you see it on site.
Good flow and generally a good theme, although not for me. Light show can be a little over whelming at times with the flashers but bearable.
DMD animations are pretty cool.
I won't judge the cabinet as I don't play the cabinet  ()
Audio 7/10
Playfield 8/10
Fun factor solid 9
If the theme was right I think I would have owned this title. I had a lot of fun and can't see why people knock it apart from theme. If you like Mustangs or Fords in general, this pinball is a no brainer.
Will play LE very soon and see how that goes.

Cheers for the review sounds like a fun game it's getting great reviews overseas to :-) it's funny how people knock it without playing it lol

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2014, 09:02:44 AM »
It must be about time for Stern to announce the next game.
Mustang has been out for awhile now and is a bonafide flop, so I am sure stern is looking forward with optimism towards the next over hyped game to boost the coffers.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »

IM VE  &&

and nice write oldskool, with my only gripe being I wish one ramp access was always down.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2014, 09:14:05 AM »

IM VE  &&

Yeah and MMR

:lol
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2014, 09:30:20 AM »

IM VE  &&

and nice write oldskool, with my only gripe being I wish one ramp access was always down.

Maybe a code update might change that Jady? I haven't played it but am looking forward to a game :-) hopefully walking dead next but it's gunna be a busy production line at stern.

Peter

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2014, 12:37:43 PM »
It's not a bad game at all. Good write up too by the way. I agree with everything except the donut ring. I love hitting that captive ball and hearing the tyre skidding sound (I am a big captive ball fan tho),  but yeah the call outs are a bit cheesy and can get to you after a while.

I was seriously considering getting one Peter but I'm hunting down a nice BDK at moment for my next pin. I love that game.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2014, 11:54:15 PM »
Has anyone actually seen a Mustang pinball in a Ford dealership as it was being claimed a few months ago?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2014, 09:10:06 AM »
Has anyone actually seen a Mustang pinball in a Ford dealership as it was being claimed a few months ago?

From what I understand it's USA dealerships only :-) I could be wrong but here you order through AMD like other titles.

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2014, 09:48:09 AM »

From what I understand it's USA dealerships only :-) I could be wrong but here you order through AMD like other titles.

Peter

I assumed so as well. USA dealers only. Considering most if not all the Mustangs were produced for the USA market, that there would be no interest here.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2014, 10:03:22 AM »
Mustang cars are due to all Ford dealers here at the end of this year / early next year so maybe the pins might be there then ???
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2014, 04:49:27 PM »

Peter

That's what I thought but wanted to see if Ford AU may have had some interest in imitating the idea primarily for promotional purposes.

A couple of guys I know in the US have spotted Mustang pins setup in two separate dealerships in the Midwest on free play (not for sale).

I assumed so as well. USA dealers only. Considering most if not all the Mustangs were produced for the USA market, that there would be no interest here.

My grandfather was one of the first to import one of the first Mustangs into Aus (one of a batch of 48) back in '65 as a left hand drive model which were then converted in the Ford factory at Homebush to right hand drive. ()

Mustang cars are due to all Ford dealers here at the end of this year / early next year so maybe the pins might be there then ???

I've fired off an inquiry about Mustang pins to Ford AU marketing to see their response.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:33:45 PM by pinsanity »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2014, 07:30:35 PM »

Peter

That's what I thought but wanted to see if Ford AU may have had some interest in imitating the idea primarily for promotional purposes.

A couple of guys I know in the US have spotted Mustang pins setup in two separate dealerships in the Midwest on free play (not for sale).

My grandfather was one of the first to import one of the first Mustangs into Aus (one of a batch of 48) back in '65 as a left hand drive model which were then converted in the Ford factory at Homebush to right hand drive. ()

I've fired off an inquiry about Mustang pins to Ford AU marketing to see their response.

That's awesome is the stang still in the family?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2014, 08:11:07 PM »
Seem to remember reading on Pinside that none have been spotted in any Ford dealerships

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2014, 08:23:32 PM »
That's awesome is the stang still in the family?

I wish. My grandfather swapped cars like pinball machines. At his peak his collection topped over 150 unique models but a lot of them have been sold off over the years after he passed away.

My grandfather was the real car nut, and my dad is as well but not to the same extent. I have a passing interest.

Here is a photo of the Mustang. A bit low res unfortunately as it was scanned from a 35mm slide. It's the only pic I have easy access to, but I'm sure my Dad has better quality pics of it somewhere in storage.