Author Topic: pinball choices  (Read 4590 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: pinball choices
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 08:20:21 PM »
Tron is in the mix but again where to find one. Same IM

To quickly take these out of the equation, avengers, xmen and star trek. Anyone owned these with an opinion?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 08:41:29 PM »

To quickly take these out of the equation, avengers, xmen and star trek. Anyone owned these with an opinion?

Never owned Xmen heard its good, Avengers(tight shots) I don't like lol Star Trek I had and hate lol it needs a code polish to many bugs.  IM I like it's fast and brutal :) Tron awesome but hard to find one :) my thoughts anyway good luck

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 08:50:05 PM »

Own none of them but loved Xmen every time I've played it. Both the Pro and LE are great games. Star Trek was lots of fun also but I've only played it a handful of times. Avengers was not for me. Looks great, just not my cup of tea.
Personally my favorite Stern by a long shot is Metallica but I'd love more time on an Ironman as well. I think I could really get into that game.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 10:10:57 PM »
How is the sound upgraded on SM VE?  It's the same audio track as the original but with different call outs?
The dots on the VE look great, I can't stand ultimate sm art, so the art on the ve is a huge fail imo. There are so many better versions of spidey than ultimate, such a shame.
Maybe this was all Marvel allowed them to use?
Buy a 2nd hand Original SM for between 5-7k and buy another game with the savings.
 #*#

would be the true stereo + bass woofer. I know you don't like the band, but the KISS songs sound like they are coming straight out of a Hi Fi system. It makes a massive difference.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 10:12:09 PM »

I spoke to Joe at KJWHF tonight and we spoke about Tron - I told him I might be interesting in buying one - he sounded like he had one for sale  #@#

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 10:12:45 PM »
The new spiderman ve - Could be a good choice as I do not think a lot will be sold here so could be collectable later, is also a very proven game with great code.
Metalica prem - Fans seem to love it but I think you need to really like the band? Great code also
Kiss prem with the hope of the coding being finished one day - As above without the code? Unproven?
Walking dead prem - The ducks guts right now! People are loving the code. Theme is awesome but as Pete said tough game to play. Lots of centre drains.
Game of thrones prem or le?? - To early to tell, seems like it will have a very deep and varied ruleset.

Tron - Best game EVER!!!! Ok I may be biased, good code, not an overly deep game. Make sure you like the theme and may be hard to find.
Iron Man - Fast, hard game. Very simple rule wise (not necessarily a bad thing) VE still may be around to buy?
X-Men - Lots of shots and very deep ruleset, could be hard to find. Storms voice drives me crazy on this personally!
Avengers - Super tight shots, does not seem to get much love. Bargain on AA for a Hulk ATM?
Star Trek - Lots of fast flowing shots if you like that, again have to like the theme I would say. Also may be hard to find if you are looking now.
Lord of the Rings - Super deep game with lots of interesting shots, complete code. Hard to find.

Also could wait to see Ghostbusters? Looks like art will be amazing and announcement is imminent! I would wait to at least see it before buying anything, unless you know you don't like the theme. Code will obviously be an unknown.

Or you could just buy a MB?  :lol

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 10:55:25 PM »
appreciate the comments, been watching a few tutorials to see the flow and ruleset. I'm still undecided but SM & Metallica seem fore runners. TWD looked good but dunno. May be worth a second watch. Wizard/final modes are what I'm looking for and longevity in the game trying to get to the end. Kiss is winning there as there is no end atm. Just joking.

Tron may be out as I'm concerned I may tire of it. Great game when you have limited access.

keep any comments coming as they do help.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 11:07:04 PM »
Spiderman has a fantastic wizard mode. Inly got there once so far. I think it has 5 levels within the wizard mode

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re:
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 11:15:57 PM »
Spiderman has a fantastic wizard mode. Inly got there once so far. I think it has 5 levels within the wizard mode

Same here, only got to super hero once and choked on the 2nd level.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 11:20:45 PM »
I liked Metallica's game play the code is awesome but the music I didn't like (I'm not a fan) Spiderman I've never owned but played a fair bit and enjoyed it and I think you'd like it :) I said to a mate if GB isn't for me I might grab a new Spidy.

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 11:25:35 PM »
Game of Thrones pro at Cragieburn Shopping Centre Timezone if you wanted to check out gameplay. Just sited. Watch for that tight tilt!

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2016, 12:45:27 AM »
Spiderman - the original version not the one with the $3500+ "new and improved" artwork*.

Best game code of the choices listed and a shot layout homage to AFM.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2016, 03:01:38 AM »
Don't get hooked onto one game

All the games listed are great

If you have the cash, bide your time and get the first one that comes avaliable

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2016, 10:54:46 AM »
How is the sound upgraded on SM VE?  It's the same audio track as the original but with different call outs?
The dots on the VE look great, I can't stand ultimate sm art, so the art on the ve is a huge fail imo. There are so many better versions of spidey than ultimate, such a shame.
Buy a 2nd hand Original SM for between 5-7k and buy another game with the savings.
 #*#

would be the true stereo + bass woofer. I know you don't like the band, but the KISS songs sound like they are coming straight out of a Hi Fi system. It makes a massive difference.

SM VE is Sam not Spike.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2016, 11:01:50 AM »
 #*#

SM VE is Sam not Spike.

Damn. All VE's should be on the Spike system.