Author Topic: Mad Max Pinball  (Read 4400 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Mad Max Pinball
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »
And I guess if someone is silly enough to pony up the ridiculous $$ asked to help said person make a crazy profit......................
 :tumble:

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Zedman

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 12:21:13 AM »
It seems a lot of you guys take a real purist point of view. It's good to see you have passion.

I was involved in the Mad Max pin and there's no doubt in my mind that for the designer it was a work of love as is Sunset Riders. He too has a passion for pinball.

Those pins are not intended to be marketed to pinball enthusiasts. There are people who are willing to pay the price but they have a lot more money than me and probably you too.

I can't really see why some of you seem to be getting upset. Maybe I'm miss-judging the situation?

Does it really matter what someone else does with their money? I get the feeling that overall the project may not have broke even yet.

These pins are converted to art pieces and the price reflects that. Have a look at the price of bespoke art and you will see that it's not cheap. Like it or loathe it, beauty is on the eye of the beholder and some people don't have any problem paying. Z

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re:
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 08:16:18 AM »
It seems a lot of you guys take a real purist point of view. It's good to see you have passion.

I was involved in the Mad Max pin and there's no doubt in my mind that for the designer it was a work of love as is Sunset Riders. He too has a passion for pinball.

Those pins are not intended to be marketed to pinball enthusiasts. There are people who are willing to pay the price but they have a lot more money than me and probably you too.

I can't really see why some of you seem to be getting upset. Maybe I'm miss-judging the situation?

Does it really matter what someone else does with their money? I get the feeling that overall the project may not have broke even yet.

These pins are converted to art pieces and the price reflects that. Have a look at the price of bespoke art and you will see that it's not cheap. Like it or loathe it, beauty is on the eye of the beholder and some people don't have any problem paying. Z

I think "upset" is rather overstating it, so yes it would seem you are misjudging. Some members are offering an opinion, can't see any acting upset.

While I have no issue with re-theming, I agree that destroying a classic game is not ideal, but I will just as much support someone wanting to destroy their own property as I will support those with a valid opinion.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re:
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 10:22:18 AM »

No ones upset, merely presenting a point of view. But when I read your post (highlighted section). "Not intended to be marketed to pinball enthusiasts" ? Wonder why ? The Surfing theme is not exactly ground breaking. Surf Champ and surfer come to mind. $19,000 for a re-themed Eight Ball.. Why not just place it in a dealers showroom and see how it goes ?

They have "more money ? "..  ::)

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Zedman

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 11:53:06 AM »
Seems I did miss-judge things. I think those machines are pitched to merchant bankers and the like to put in the foyer of head offive. Certainly not for pinheads. Z

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 08:27:43 PM »
Seems I did miss-judge things. I think those machines are pitched to merchant bankers and the like to put in the foyer of head offive. Certainly not for pinheads. Z

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yeh I agree.. aimed at a non pinhead very loaded very niche market

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Mad Max Pinball
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 02:16:07 AM »
How cool is this!

I think it is a re themed Meteor but the finish on it is fantastic.

These guys also produce a range of re themed machines called Sunset Riders, surfing is not my flavour but the work in these machines is brilliant.

Has anyone here seen or played one of these before?

Cheers: Brettski... :)

They did an interview with him last year on a TV program 'Manspace' (covers sheds and home brewing etc.)  He talked about the Mad Max and Sunset Riders.  He has a great collection of pins and was auctioning off a HS2 with the alternate translight with the proceeds going to charity, if I remember correctly.