Author Topic: AC/DC Brisbane Compitition  (Read 1699 times)

Offline mickthepin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
AC/DC Brisbane Compitition
« on: July 14, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »
I don’t know how the hell you even have a chance at this comp if you don’t own the game. Is there any plans to get a playable ACDC pin anywhere near Brisbane. There are two unregistered machines that I know of and have gone to see to try and get some practice. One at Chermside which is in bad shape with a busted cannon and the one in the CBD the right flipper doesn’t work. Both machines look like they have been on location for about ten years. Fu*king wast of a Saturday ^.^. Do you guys know of any machines that are not most of the way to the sunny coast or so beat up that playing them would not get you into the rhythm of playing an actual working machine? Sorry if this sounds pissy but I live in the state capital and I can’t get a game for love nor money. Where are people going to play to even qualify? ^&^
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 06:56:43 PM by mickthepin »

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: AC/DC Brisbane Compitition
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 11:14:06 PM »
I don’t know how the hell you even have a chance at this comp if you don’t own the game. Is there any plans to get a playable ACDC pin anywhere near Brisbane. There are two unregistered machines that I know of and have gone to see to try and get some practice. One at Chermside which is in bad shape with a busted cannon and the one in the CBD the right flipper doesn’t work. Both machines look like they have been on location for about ten years. Fu*king wast of a Saturday ^.^. Do you guys know of any machines that are not most of the way to the sunny coast or so beat up that playing them would not get you into the rhythm of playing an actual working machine? Sorry if this sounds pissy but I live in the state capital and I can’t get a game for love nor money. Where are people going to play to even qualify? ^&^

They are the only acdc pins that I know of sited in the Brisbane area, for some reason there are none in pubs. I have played both of those you mentioned and they are such crappy conditon it isn't funny but thats timezone for you, what else would we expect from them.
Pubs is the place this pinball belongs all day every day, let the punters wax all the loose change they have into it.
I can't see this comp having any impact at all up here, not that i really care anyway... a true pinball comp is played over a few machines at the very least, not just the latest one to keep up the hype.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RGR

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 11:38:02 PM »
Check out the Australian Pinball League on Facebook. Norbert is updating all the locations in Australia that will site and ACDC and will also run the national comp on it..

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 11:53:10 PM »
Yep I have my finger on the pulse here and it's pritty faint. Can the guys running this joint just put in a bit in each to put a machine in a pub to make it possible to have a crack at this comp. You will make some money wile your at it and it will make it so that QLD is not excluded from the competition.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »
I saw one at Timezone BrownsPlains.. i was on a job in the shopping centre.. pin was all alone neglected. I meant to have a game once the job was done but completely forgot by time i had finished.

Might drive down there tomorrow and have a game or two to see what the machine is like

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 02:47:49 AM »
Yep I have my finger on the pulse here and it's pritty faint. Can the guys running this joint just put in a bit in each to put a machine in a pub to make it possible to have a crack at this comp. You will make some money wile your at it and it will make it so that QLD is not excluded from the competition.

Mick,
When i was at the AMD Seminar detailing all the info on the AC/DC Comp, I was pretty sure Norbert said anyone who owned a AC/DC machine could be part of the comp just by emailing in the top scores reached by the player(s). Therefore4, the best way to be part of this AC/DC comp for anyone in QLD would be to pop into any AP members place who has a AC/DC game and whilst having a cup of tea/coffee and a yarn, play some games and get some good scores happening.
If its as easy as I think it is, I would be happy to organise a small night and get 3 or 4, or whatever members over for a AC/DC night and everyone can have a go on the AC/DC Pro and we can send the scores into Norbert. I know a few guys are in Brisy/Gold Coast so its one way to play a brand new machine without any faults etc and be part of the AC/DC comp.   I am sure there are other QLD members who also have AC/DC machines who probably wouldnt mind having a few new AP members over for some AC/DC games if it means helping people to post some scores for the AC/DC comp.

Food for thought if any other members with AC/DC machines want to be part of it/meet new AP people.  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »
sounds good Brett, thanks for the offer, it may come to that but realy I need alot of practice before I even have a crack at posting a score. Sure I will find one close by soon, ether that or drive to Browns Plains every day.

Cheers Retro yep my brother told me about that one. Post back on the condition if you end up having a play on it.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 01:14:05 PM »
There is one ( pro) in the valley, a amusement joint on wickham st opposite the old mcwhirters building. I saw it yesterday arvo on my lunch break.
Not sure of the condition as I didn't play it but I wouldn't be at all suprised if it was neglected.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"