Author Topic: AC / DC Competiton State Final and Meet - Victoria  (Read 8269 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: AC / DC Competiton State Final and Meet - Victoria
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »

I just got back from the comp, and I need to vent a little.

First off - Hats off to AMD, Cashbox and Norbert - They did a fantastic job running the comp and the prizes were simply AWESOME.

If I was a Stern rep, I would have been HORRIFIED at the turn out. It was abysmal. When are Stern going to learn about putting some marketing money into pinball downunder ? APPARENTLY, this event was advertised by MMM. But no one can tell me "when" these ads were running, because I don't know ANYONE that has heard the "Ad". There was NO promotion anywhere, at any time. It was so disappointing, and underwhelming.

I hope NEXT TIME (and there will be a "next time"), we Victorians will have more time to organize things a little better !

I guess my next point might be "off topic" - But there's a "pinball culture" issue that was completely evident. I accept that there was SFA advertising, and the only way I found out about the comps was when Bruce called me 3-4 weeks ago. But us Victorians simply don't leave our collections and socialize with other pinheads, and we don't interact with industry people. Our NSW counterparts are always having comps and meets. There's always something happening in Perth, and Queenslanders do get together from time to time. I can't put my finger on it..

Most of the industry heavyweights are in Victoria. More machines enter Victoria from overseas. Yet only a handful turn up to our event ?

Norbert and I discussed this, and it is a very strange nut to crack. The NSW Stern Symposium is going to be huge - Gary Stern in attendance and most pinball people will be going.

I'll post pictures later - I can't recall the winner's name, as the screen was tiny and is unreadable in my photos. The aggregate score was around 71 Million.

Again - I commend Norbert, Cashbox, Legends Bar (the venue) and Stern for their efforts today. The prizes were unbelievable !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia