Author Topic: Stern Thincoat - Dimples & Craters  (Read 32484 times)

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Re: Stern Thincoat - Dimples & Craters
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 12:39:11 PM »

Ok fair enough but steel ball pounds wood = dimples :)

The dimples question relates to kiss, as we had discussed if kiss may have a thicker clear than previous Stern pins and what the affect of the ball drops from Gene's
would be on the clear coat.  KISS needs a thick clear.

If it is thicker, then next question would be is has Stern done this for kiss only, or will it be used for all future Sterns.  Yes, that question would be edging to straying from the topic :) .  If the apparent thicker clear is was introduced to deal with the ball feeding/dropping out of Gene's mouth, then it may not be used again on future Sterns.  I hope it truly is thicker, and that it becomes the norm for all future Sterns.

As a location player, I can't resist a shiny new game - even if the gameplay is bad.  Reversing that, only having played a grimy Attack From Mars on location, I find that game average.  A thick long lasting shine would earn heaps more if there are others like me that judge a pin by its shine.

KISS will be a big earner on location, thick clear or not.  But I'd say it would be even a higher earner with a thick long lasting shiny Clear.

PS
Great gameplay video above!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:43:53 PM by Brunswick Brawler »