Author Topic: Wms Moulin Rouge - price check and info.  (Read 240 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Wms Moulin Rouge - price check and info.
« on: July 07, 2009, 07:23:09 PM »
Just wondering what the EM gurus out there think about the Wms Moulin Rouge machine?

Good and bad points?

Realistic price you would expect to pay for one?

I am still searching for my first EM machine and being a single player, I am thinking there would be less to maintain and maybe a bit easier to keep running - am I right or wrong?

Cheers,
Talby
Addicted to pins.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Wms Moulin Rouge - price check and info.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 07:31:01 PM »
You are right single players are a lot easier to repair and maintain.  but i cant advise on the game as ive never played one

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »
According to the IPDB, 1325 units produced and scores 8.1/10.

Would $1000 be fair or too much for a working machine?
Addicted to pins.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 07:51:52 PM »
For a working machine thats fair and with only 1300 units sold it would be fairly rare in oz

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »
I played Moulin Rouge in about 1966.....it's a pretty good game, as most Williams of this era were. From 1990-2004 I also owned and restored a 'Teacher's Pet'. Although the two games had some different things about them, I always saw these two as 'sister games'. Same year, from memory (1965)??, and probably the same designer. George M did the art for both games. Moulin Rouge has a nice, active backglass with the picture coming to life as you get the features on the playfield. Most backglasses from this machine are poor in the 'picture' part, so you might want to check that out. Good luck. Mark 

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »
Blair,

As mentioned by Mark, she is a pretty cool game. If you did land one for $1000 I would consider it a good buy. Alot of Moulin Rouge pins have problems with the backglass because of the 'mirror' effect.

If you are after an EM - John Edwards who lives about 10 minutes from you is about to sell a really nice King of Diamonds (IMO a much better game) and also a Bally Harvest from 64. If you want John's contact please PM me and I will send it to you.

If you are looking for a first EM pin to go into your collection I would suggest picking up a Gottlieb from 1970 though

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 09:12:43 PM »
Blair,

As mentioned by Mark, she is a pretty cool game. If you did land one for $1000 I would consider it a good buy. Alot of Moulin Rouge pins have problems with the backglass because of the 'mirror' effect.

If you are after an EM - John Edwards who lives about 10 minutes from you is about to sell a really nice King of Diamonds (IMO a much better game) and also a Bally Harvest from 64. If you want John's contact please PM me and I will send it to you.

If you are looking for a first EM pin to go into your collection I would suggest picking up a Gottlieb from 1970 though

The Moulin Rouge turns out to be one of John's old machines and the guy was also selling 2001 which John had done the playfield on (overlay).  The cabinet on 2001 was fairly rough though.  MR wasn't too bad and considering it's age was pretty good really.  The score wasn't resetting properly.  Backglass was probably better than the 2001 although there was flaking here and there.

Gtb from 1970 - will definitely keep that in mind, any title in particular you are thinking of?  I will grab John's contact details off you as well if that is OK.  1 - I would like to have a look at the machines he is selling and 2 - I would like to meet him and the other guys as well.
Addicted to pins.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »
That 2001 was originally mine  #@#

PM sent with John's contact  ^^^