Author Topic: Wms/Bally distributor  (Read 505 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Wms/Bally distributor
« on: November 26, 2011, 04:17:47 PM »
Retropin made a comment about how it was great that mr pinball doesn't have the gig for Williams anymore. I won't comment on that because I was wondering if anything has changed with the new guy in town planetary pinball?

I haven't dealt with them at all but looking at pricing ages ago when he first took over, things looked the same.

Would be great to hear how these guys compare. Btw I did be a not so nice lette from them about an eBay listing I had that sounded very close to waynes ones but I sorted that out quickly and with no fuss.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Wms/Bally distributor
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »
Retropin made a comment about how it was great that mr pinball doesn't have the gig for Williams anymore. I won't comment on that because I was wondering if anything has changed with the new guy in town planetary pinball?

I haven't dealt with them at all but looking at pricing ages ago when he first took over, things looked the same.

Would be great to hear how these guys compare. Btw I did be a not so nice lette from them about an eBay listing I had that sounded very close to waynes ones but I sorted that out quickly and with no fuss.

Nothing to do with price or stock availability but EVERYTHING to do with attitude and overall arseholeness........
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 05:57:56 PM »

Nothing to do with price or stock availability but EVERYTHING to do with attitude and overall arseholeness........

Personally never had that much trouble.
Bits I ordered always arrived on time and in top condition.
Maybe a bit grumpy????

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 07:27:36 PM »
Never had any trouble always arrived on time and any problems sorted straight away.

Peter

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 07:32:03 PM »
Havent used the new guys.. had SOME dealings with the old, but because i publicly supported the making of Coconut Island, i get this sort of email from the old..

QUOTE:

Go **** Yourself
LOL!! I think the other "pinball manufacturers" in melbourne are just too tied up delivering fake legal notices.

Congratulations guys - looking forward to seeing CI in the flesh

Lets see how fake they are when you offer something you shouldn't.

Unlike your mates I have the money to burn on Legal Fees,

there will be no way I will approve anything for you

You can go **** yourself

As for POS CI, uses Bally Williams parts and a used Judge Dredd Cabinet, has no animations and will never make it to production mainstream.

Couldnt really see a way forward from there   !@#

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 07:57:40 PM »
hahahaha - that's TAME! You should see mine!!! I'll bet mines 'bigger than yours'  %.% %.%

Oh - I already mentioned that it had NOTHING to do with parts or supply or availability - I too have purchased from said 'person' but strictly when it suited ME only.

Havent used the new guys.. had SOME dealings with the old, but because i publicly supported the making of Coconut Island, i get this sort of email from the old..

QUOTE:

Go **** Yourself
LOL!! I think the other "pinball manufacturers" in melbourne are just too tied up delivering fake legal notices.

You can go **** yourself

As for POS CI, uses Bally Williams parts and a used Judge Dredd Cabinet, has no animations and will never make it to production mainstream.

Couldnt really see a way forward from there   !@#
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:59:26 PM by Homepin »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »
Charming  *!@   I might be wrong but didnt COCONUT ISLAND get finished nope im pretty sure it did.   who else can say they have finished a machine like that.   BLOODY AMAZING

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 08:14:51 PM »
Planetary Pinball prices have definately risen on most parts since the rights were sold back to the USA. Its cheaper to buy direct from Wayne compared to going overseas.

I always suspected the prices would increase once the USA company took over so to speak. Still makes sense to shop in melbourne and save $$.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »
Charming  *!@   I might be wrong but didnt COCONUT ISLAND get finished nope im pretty sure it did.   who else can say they have finished a machine like that.   BLOODY AMAZING

Lol!! Didn't realise that email went to more than just me!

There are so many funny things I could say, but I promised myself that I would not be bothered with all that, and Nug and I finished it and showed it as the "Expo" (for want of another description - oh - "container auction", that will do).

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 08:22:30 PM »

Lol!! Didn't realise that email went to more than just me!

There are so many funny things I could say, but I promised myself that I would not be bothered with all that, and Nug and I finished it and showed it as the "Expo" (for want of another de******ion - oh - "container auction", that will do).

And there was me thinking i got special treatment... %.% %.%

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »
And there was me thinking i got special treatment... %.% %.%

Sorry mate, I think that one did the round.

I'm looking on some old hard drives for some pics.....
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »

QUOTE:

Go **** Yourself

You can go **** yourself

Couldnt really see a way forward from there   !@#
Ooooops, now that sounds a little harsh %.% I reckon you and he who must not be named should get together on Dr Phil or even better the American guy....forget his name....you know who has all the trailer trash gals on who have slept with their grand fathers mothers uncles middle brother etc etc
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 10:34:16 PM »
The background to this was that i was seeking permission to distribute BALLY/WMS cabinet stencils..... this man approved on conditions.
First was a royalty fee.. this was OK.
next royalty fee went up... this had me wondering.
Then i was to supply him all my files for verification.... not stencils or PDFs of the files etc, but the actual vector files themselves... this i said outright NO to.
Then i got the email.
Then i approached WMS directly and it transpires that WMS have NEVER given permission for ANY stencils to be produced and the fact that they existed was news to them.
So "our man" who cant be named didnt have the rights to dick squat in the first place.. and for me to just hand over my files???? Er... like im really friggin stupid?

So why am i telling all this and posting the actual email?
Well, since losing the rights he has transformed into a nice guy... now as far as im concerned he can do business how he wants with who he wants these days.. makes no difference to me, but i dont deal with toads, slime bags etc.
I hope the new owner/ distributors are very different... i cant say, ive had no dealings with them... but i can say that the old owners were an absolute PR nightmare for WMS and any change in ownership can only be for the better   ^^^

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 10:43:46 PM »
The background to this was that i was seeking permission to distribute BALLY/WMS cabinet stencils..... this man approved on conditions.
First was a royalty fee.. this was OK.
next royalty fee went up... this had me wondering.
Then i was to supply him all my files for verification.... not stencils or PDFs of the files etc, but the actual vector files themselves... this i said outright NO to.
Then i got the email.
Then i approached WMS directly and it transpires that WMS have NEVER given permission for ANY stencils to be produced and the fact that they existed was news to them.
So "our man" who cant be named didnt have the rights to dick squat in the first place.. and for me to just hand over my files???? Er... like im really friggin stupid?

So why am i telling all this and posting the actual email?
Well, since losing the rights he has transformed into a nice guy... now as far as im concerned he can do business how he wants with who he wants these days.. makes no difference to me, but i dont deal with toads, slime bags etc.
I hope the new owner/ distributors are very different... i cant say, ive had no dealings with them... but i can say that the old owners were an absolute PR nightmare for WMS and any change in ownership can only be for the better   ^^^

what he said times 2000!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 11:46:29 PM »
Williams were VERY glad the rights went back to the USA.

Now please don't let Wotto see this thread - ok ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia