Author Topic: *PURCHASE HAS TURNED TO CRAP.  (Read 8937 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: *PURCHASE HAS TURNED TO CRAP.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 06:21:21 PM »
Strangeways, i asked for the item to be fumigated at their end as per advice i recieved in Australia. Because mainly of the high wood content of the item and also the wood packaging. I was told it had to be fumigated, prior to arriving in Australia. I was told that it will not be allowed to be released from the Australian bond store unless fumigation certificate was provided by USA. (isnt it too late to fumigate a container against bugs n stuff if u let it land on australian soil, without killing the bugs first. wouldnt the bad bugs just crawl off when the container arrives. i thought the horse would have bolted by then, hence the bugspray b4 it leaves usa). ?

Also, the machine is sharing a container with alot of other peoples items. Perhaps this also had something to do with it. I am no expert, just the dummy who has handed over money and is relying on so called other experts. This is not sometihing i do very often, relying on others, i mean. I run a tight ship with my business and usually only deal with people who can give me straight answers and educated advice. It seems importing something from the uSA wasnt one of them. lol  !@#

my fingers n toes are still crossed all goes well.

Hey, it might be good for someone who has a decent amount of experience to post a new thread about bringing stuff in from Europe or the USA.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:25:11 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !