Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Space Odyssey

<< < (2/10) > >>

Strangeways:
It is very common for Exported machines into Europe to have the Chime Unit removed. Is the plug on the baseboard ? It is usually a six jones plug next to the knocker.

See how you go with the touch ups. Take your time and experiment.

goodolddays:

--- Quote from: Strangeways on October 02, 2017, 02:39:56 PM ---It is very common for Exported machines into Europe to have the Chime Unit removed. Is the plug on the baseboard ? It is usually a six jones plug next to the knocker.

See how you go with the touch ups. Take your time and experiment.

--- End quote ---

Yes I know about Euro machines Nino . This one is an Aussie import , I am only the 3rd owner. Seller purchased it from the original Operator but did nothing to it, so it is a surprise the chime unit is missing

goodolddays:
I have decided to use PF 2 so am now in the process of stripping it top and bottom . Will reuse the parts from PF1 as most of the underside of PF2 is too far gone due to rust

goodolddays:

Have stripped the PF and today successfully completed my first ever attempt at mylar removal with minimal paint loss (mainly a bit of the red at the bottom of the bonus area) .

Have started cleaning the dirt and crud off with Euclayptus oil and magic eraser starting at the bottom of the PF before removing and relevelling inserts and doing some filling and touchups as needed.
A couple of pics showing where I am at now .. 

pinnies4me:
Really love these Apollo era games, and the contrast between the tech that was in use to achieve the spacecraft compared to the EM "computers" in the games. I recall this as a pretty good player too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version