Author Topic: White Water or Fishtales  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Red Series 3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: White Water or Fishtales
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 12:02:20 AM »
I recently read an interview with steve ritchie, it was funny considering the games that he has designed and that he believes that the future of pinball should have been a single level 3 ball game without attempting to rely on a license.
I think that the games that are becoming more popular are usually the simpler style of games that have rarely relied on a license. For me I like to look at the way something has been engineered and i find that the style of fishtales is perfect there are no major faults that will cause problems in the future. Just based on a quirky concept and simple pinny fun.

I think considering the wild ramp designs on whitewater it is quite well engineered i have worked on 3 ex sited whitewaters and not one had broken the underplayfield ramp. These were well used machines with large divots on the mini playfield. I have never seen ramps destroyed on a whitewater either.
When you consider the damage that is done to the ramps on an addams family.

I kinda just want to find an ex operated pinny that was never running on site long enough and has a blanking off problem I know its sitting in the corner of a workshop somewhere.
I do like many other late model pinnys, I enojoy playing scared stiff, theatre of magic, getaway. star trek tng, tales of the arabian nights, creature from the black lagoon, attack from mars, terminator 2, world cup soccer, twilight zone.

But i guess i was kinda hoping for someone to say i've got a fishtales here its a mess $1500 come and take it away. I enjoy playing something more when its taken a lot of personal hard work. I don't want to buy a perfect machine or something somebody else has fixed up.
I think i'm probably looking in the wrong place. Eh

Thanks