Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 1050 times)

Offline k00k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Howdy
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
Welcome aboard - I would definitely say a Getaway HS II would be worth it as a first pin. I have seen them go at auctions for well over $3k every time; but if you can get one under $3k in pretty good condition go for it. Over $4k? The guy is probably dreaming.

Thanks for the repy AJLaird. If you see them go for over $3K everytime, maybe a mint one like the one I viewed is worth $4K? To be quite honest, the one I was offered at $3200 was less than ordinary, I would class the cabinet as poor, that many knocks and scrapes and missing bits of paint, wouldn't have paid more than $1.5K for it tops...

Thanks for the replies also Darren. Good for me to get an idea on prices and what I should be paying, but I think our prices out here in Aus are going to be inflated somewhat, just due to where we are, on the the other side of the earth, reasonably isolated. I see there's one on there for 595pounds, in very good condition. I'm really after excellent to mint. I also think shipping costs would just make it prohibitive. 2 months wait for it coming on a boat, once its been trucked to the port, just wouldn't be cost effective unless you were buying in bulk.