Author Topic: Jukebox help  (Read 266 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Jukebox help
« on: January 17, 2010, 12:41:55 PM »
Ive got a ROWE MUSIC MERCHANT juke... can be seen here

http://www.pinballrebel.com/archive/ami/jazz/jazz.htm

Ive been chipping away at getting this thing going and shes almost there... one thing im stuck on though..

Everything works fine exccept that the short arm select coils do not fire and therefore the pins are not pushed forwards and record cannot be selected.

Now - these coils are meant to fire through sprag relays which close OK at right adjustment etc. Record select posistions itself over correct number and letter, sprag relays pull in as they should, but both pin select coils fail to fire... WHY???

Power to these comes from front wiper through relay i think,
Back wiper has no wires from it

CCt diagram fails to show pin select coils so its difficult to determine whats going on.

Anyone shed any light???... daniel... you have a similar model??? Im going round in circles with this and need a new input of thought.... anyone???

Just to add... if i manually puch pins out then record gets selected etc and reset coil fires to reseat pins - everything works except the bloody pin select coils

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Jukebox help
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 01:03:54 PM »
One of mine had a similar issue and when it ended up being a relay contact not making good contact.   Try manually pushing the relay thats near the selector unit i think it was the one on the left hand side ill go take a look and report back  ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
Have put a meter across these as it selects and each has a pulse for closure as it should... the arm does stop where its supposed to and i can see blue spark as switches close but nothing happening on the pin coils

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 02:24:22 PM »
Are you getting a voltage at the pin coil?  Hope the coil isnt stuffed *!@

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 08:07:22 PM »
2 coils down at same time?? - Nah.. will be much simpler than that.... going back to it though, sprag relay switches on right hand side, i had one switch that never opened... ive adjusted this and now the damn selector never stops!

Seems that the adjustment on these is very very finite and the timing of them making contact is just as important as the contact itself... what a pain in the ass!!! I though GTB bloody relay stacks were a pain.. these are unreal

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 09:18:39 PM »
Do you have a manual Gav?     Ill dig mine out and see what i can find for you ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »
Yeh i have a manual for MM5 - its down gradeable though - mines an MM1.
 I have the original but dont like using it as its quite fragile.

There are 4 wires that feed the 2 pin coils, blue, orange and 2 X white. Power for these comes through the wiper obviously and white would be voltage supply im assuming. It may be as simple as ive lost ground here but where the wires end up is a bit of a mystery at the moment.. seems to go up to behind the letter and number select switches at top

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »
They are a bit of a mystery how they all go together.    Could the coils be out of alignment maybe the coil is working but its not positioned right to hit one of the selector pins????

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 10:55:02 PM »
Nah - they are definately not firing.. ive had my head stuck inside that thing for ages... take out mechanism, check over it.. replace... stick head inside and start again etc etc etc... kinda getting monotonous!