Author Topic: PBR..Love em!!!  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
PBR..Love em!!!
« on: April 25, 2012, 12:10:41 AM »
I know the system gets a bagging.. but once you are in.. PBR are just the best.

I ordered 4 off 31" legs.. rubbers... 1965 shooter housing.. chrome acorns.... coils.... flippers and housings.... AMAZING SPIDERMAN bumper caps.

Emailed them a couple of days ago to say i hadnt received an invoice or update... has this been sent etc. Reply was that it has been sent.. heres the tracking.. invoice in the box.
Well it arrived today, went through the order and saw 2 SPIDERMAN drop targets.. cool i thought.. they threw in a freebie, but then i saw my bumper caps were missing - order was wrong.
I emailed this afternoon and said i would probably know someone with an order.. let me check and you can add the caps to that.

I got the reply... sorry for the mistake, your caps have already been sent out.

Now remember, this is all unpaid so far, it is REALLY hard to find a company that deals with trust these days. I have to do it with my business.. im ALWAYS owed plenty of money and have on occasion rang non payers threatening a visit unless i get paid... trust in business sucks.. people take the piss.
Ill pay Steve by Western Union.. i have a gold card and it costs $9 to send to USA.
My 31" legs are just stunning.. so good to get BANK A BALL to the correct height..this service is a lost service these days, but i REALLY appreciate the old school way it is done. Postage on box was US$96.50.. i got charged US$101... thats $4 for the custom box and handling.... again... all unpaid for....so far.

Cannot give PBR a big enough thumbs up..... ^^^ ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: PBR..Love em!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 12:32:50 AM »

Yes mate - Service the "old fashioned way". I enjoy the ordering process, as you know you are dealing with a person rather than a checkout cart !

I'm placing a largish one soon - looking forward to it !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline femto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Toowoomba, Qld
  • Go ahead....push my buttons!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 10:22:47 AM »
I have yet to place an order with PBR yet but have a list of things ready for the first order. Is US$101 postage a ballpark figure for a largish/heavy parcel?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
Yeah always love searching the pbr website and service is always Awsome

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »
I have yet to place an order with PBR yet but have a list of things ready for the first order. Is US$101 postage a ballpark figure for a largish/heavy parcel?

That's for a package with Legs. Legs would be in a large and heavy box. It all depends on weight and size. They always pack the parts in a box that is the correct size, unlike some US suppliers that find a box 3 times the required size and then fill it with 5 kg of packing so they can charge you more !!

PBR are always fair with their shipping. Being you first order, you will know the shipping price as you pay the invoice before they send (only on the first order).

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »
I have placed 4 orders with PBR so far (most fairly large) and only had one small issue (wrong bumper cap + a couple of missing small parts ) which was quickly sorted .  ^^^

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 08:00:39 PM »
Does anyone know if PBR stocks reproduction pcb assemblies?

Now that I have my Flash gordon Playfield, (and playing nicks FP) I feel the need to work on FG
I need to replace the strobe unit, they have been reproduced
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PC-AS-2518-62&Category_Code=GS-874&Product_Count=0

But I am wondering if PBR stocks this type of stuff?

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 11:52:08 PM »

Now that I have my Flash gordon Playfield, (and playing nicks FP) I feel the need to work on FG
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PC-AS-2518-62&Category_Code=GS-874&Product_Count=0

Email Steve - they do carry Alteks and genuine GTB boards from most eras. I need one of these for my game as well. I tried MAD Amusements, but their checkout card has not worked for 6 months (to Australian orders) and he does not answer emails !!

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 03:57:46 PM »
Ditto regarding doing business with PBR.
I always appreciate the service - as personal as it can get in this online world.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 12:12:47 AM »

I'm thinkig this should be reproduced using LEDs?

Some of the new samples I have picked up in the past few days are actually BRIGHTER than lamps and even some strobe tubes but without the high voltages required.

I don't know enough about this particular board currently (having never even seen the pin) but I will add it to the list of 'boards to do'
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 01:46:54 AM »

Some of the new samples I have picked up in the past few days are actually BRIGHTER than lamps and even some strobe tubes but without the high voltages required.

I don't know enough about this particular board currently (having never even seen the pin) but I will add it to the list of 'boards to do'
I was going to ask you last year, but then I saw that somebody had reproduced it anyawy, and it seemed pointless to reproduce it when it was already reproduced

If it is any help I can send you the original

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 01:51:57 AM »

I was going to ask you last year, but then I saw that somebody had reproduced it anyawy, and it seemed pointless to reproduce it when it was already reproduced

If it is any help I can send you the original

If I had an original I would make an updated version using LED. The other repro is reasonably close to the original and mine would be totally different so they really would be two different products.

I would be happy to progress the design if you can loan me the board for a couple of months.

Cheers

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »
I tried MAD Amusements, but their checkout card has not worked for 6 months (to Australian orders) and he does not answer emails !!

There has been controversy on RGP about Mad - seems a bunch of guys in Europe have not received orders and various actions in place to recover their money. Seems if you are in the USA there's no issue.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 09:15:19 AM »
I tried MAD Amusements, but their checkout card has not worked for 6 months (to Australian orders) and he does not answer emails !!

There has been controversy on RGP about Mad - seems a bunch of guys in Europe have not received orders and various actions in place to recover their money. Seems if you are in the USA there's no issue.

That's just MAD - sorry, I couldn't help it..... &^&

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 11:07:40 AM »
I have ordered from Mad Amusements at least 6 times in the last 12 months and NEVER had a issue. He has given me excellent service.
Also,he has provided my stock everytime within 5 to 10 days maximum.  Also, he answers my emails within 24 to 48 hours, always.
I ask for a tracking number and I also pay extra for insurance. I pay by paypal and can always reverse If i dont get an item.

The cart on his site works perfectly for me everytime. I also used it last night to order a few displays. Not sure whats happening with others.
Happy to share that he has always been excellent with all my orders.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:10:06 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !