Author Topic: FREE to good home  (Read 2403 times)

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
FREE to good home
« on: July 19, 2015, 05:39:38 PM »
Have 2 arcade cabs to give away. Getting prepped for interstate move. Located outer east Melbourne

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: FREE to good home
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 07:00:26 PM »
Would love one but have no idea how to get it back to working. Btw where does that gas cylinder plug into the cab?  %.%
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 07:40:29 PM »
Works like the old Kero fridge  %.%

Offline felixthadog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:05:01 PM »
I'll take them!

Cheers,
Matthew

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 09:11:15 PM »
Bargain!

Offline intopins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 09:52:25 PM »
Id take the other if Matt doesn't need both??

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 09:57:19 PM »
done and dusted  %.%

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 10:24:11 PM »
The machines made it home, I'm looking forward to sprucing them up. A huge thanks to rustalan for his generous offerings  @@*

Cheers,
Matthew

Offline intopins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 09:57:28 PM »
Interesting that you decided to keep both for only 11 days before realising you were out of your depth on these and rather than offer one to me (which I asked the OP if you would be kind enough to do), you have passed them onto someone else who will re-sell now to a nobody rather than allow me to have a chance at restoring one!!

Hmmmm....not sure you should be given free stuff again personally! Wonder if the OP gives a....

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 10:16:25 AM »
Interesting that you decided to keep both for only 11 days before realising you were out of your depth on these and rather than offer one to me (which I asked the OP if you would be kind enough to do), you have passed them onto someone else who will re-sell now to a nobody rather than allow me to have a chance at restoring one!!

Hmmmm....not sure you should be given free stuff again personally! Wonder if the OP gives a....

If this is what has happened then I agree totally with you Intopins - that's rough!!
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 10:19:02 AM »

If this is what has happened then I agree totally with you Intopins - that's rough!!

Agree, if that's what happend totally not in the spirit of this forum or the generous offer of the original owners.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline intopins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »
Yep, exactly what happened. Now the new owner has the gall to let ppl know he has pre-sold them already for $500+!!!

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 07:10:11 PM »
I know if I have a free to good home ad, it'll read 'free to good home only $1000'  ^.^

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 08:33:15 PM »

My apologies to all, I did not deliberately set out to collect these machines and then sell them on. My plan was to restore them and keep them for myself, however on closer inspection I realised how much work (and spare parts) I would need to put into the restoration and decided it was too difficult for me. I spoke to an AA member who offered to buy the cabs from me and sell one back to me after it had been restored. I thought this was a much better solution than me trying to do the restoration myself. I am sorry if what I have done is considered poor form, I did not know there were rules about what a person can and can't do with arcade machines once in their possession. I'll make sure I don't put my hand up for free stuff again.

Matthew

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »
No one is saying you need permission to do what you did. But to sell and make a profit from a freebie when someone with no intent on profiting and hoping to enjoy a game they restored was indeed poor form. That was the problem. I think people don't like members making a quick profit on a flicking freebie, maybe if you restored it and then sold on would not have been fround upon as badly.