Author Topic: Steve Youngs The Pinball Resource  (Read 861 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Steve Youngs The Pinball Resource
« on: December 07, 2008, 11:17:32 PM »
Hi All, has %$% anyone ordered from this company.  I am going to order from them and wondered what is the best way to pay?  ANy advice appreciated.  Cheers
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Steve Youngs The Pinball Resource
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 11:22:51 PM »
I have ordered quite a lot from there, if the local guys can't help.

Your first order needs to be paid for before shipping, and as they don't take cards, you'll need a US dollar money order. Place the order, wait for the total, send the money order, get your parts and with it will be your account details. After that, its order and pay on invoice which comes with your parts!

A hint on ordering - if you ask for "that silver bit on games made in the mid-80's you know, up near the top of the playfield" you'll get a fairly terse response (or perhaps none at all, which is probably for the best! :). You need to order by manufacturer and part number, no exceptions! Although once I was known as a customer who always carefully specified what was being ordered, I found them a little more obliging.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:18:57 AM by pinnies4me »
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:25:44 PM »
Dean - I've ordered from them plenty of times - they stock 1,000 of old gottlieb and "hard to get parts"... I assume you have checked out Mark and Greg's site - Maybe the part is local ?

First and foremost - Create an account with Steve via email. You do this with your first order. He will send you a quote.
Then you go to the post office and write up a Western Union Money order for US Dollars to "The Pinball resource", with your copy of the quote in the email printed and sent..
Wait for the package - 2 weeks, usually - if sent via USPS.. UPS is quicker, but more expensive. You sign for the parcel when it arrives.

For every order after the first - He sends you the parts, and you pay after you receive them...

When you place your order with Steve - Make sure you have the part numbers handy..

This time of year is a bad time to be ordering tho.. Christmas post is a nightmare !!! It will take longer than 2 weeks.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 11:29:58 PM »
Dean - I've ordered from them plenty of times - they stock 1,000 of old gottlieb and "hard to get parts"... I assume you have checked out Mark and Greg's site - Maybe the part is local ?

First and foremost - Create an account with Steve via email. You do this with your first order. He will send you a quote.
Then you go to the post office and write up a Western Union Money order for US Dollars to "The Pinball resource", with your copy of the quote in the email printed and sent..
Wait for the package - 2 weeks, usually - if sent via USPS.. UPS is quicker, but more expensive. You sign for the parcel when it arrives.

For every order after the first - He sends you the parts, and you pay after you receive them...

When you place your order with Steve - Make sure you have the part numbers handy..

This time of year is a bad time to be ordering tho.. Christmas post is a nightmare !!! It will take longer than 2 weeks.

Thanks Guys for your responses.  Yes I checked both Greg and Marks sites first.  How much does a Western Union Money order cost?  Is postage expensive (obviously depends on weight).?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:35:45 PM by Dean Morgan »

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 11:33:13 PM »
Dean, it looks like your response got lost within the <quote> tags of your post. You might want to revisit it and correct it. Let me know if you need a hand.

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 11:36:36 PM »
Dean, it looks like your response got lost within the <quote> tags of your post. You might want to revisit it and correct it. Let me know if you need a hand.
Cheers, Fixed.  Quick question how do I create an Aviater

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »
The money order is $8.00 I think, and the postage is $2 or so - I always think of it as costing me about $10 to send off payment.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 11:38:44 PM »
Dean, I will be placing an order tomorrow with pbr, so if you like pm what you requiire and I will add it to my oder. Then you can fix me up for it and shipping to you at cost (not ebay rates) when the goods arrive.

Regards,
Tony

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 11:41:18 PM »
Cheers, Fixed.  Quick question how do I create an Aviater

Dean, go to your profile and click on the "Forum Profile Information" link on the left (under Modify Profile). You will then see some options on the right hand side under "Profile" to create your avatar. If you need me to change it for you let me know.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 11:41:53 PM »
Money order $8.65
International envelope $2.00
Int envelope (registered) $11.65

Fully restored Gottlieb - Priceless...  %$%

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 11:43:19 PM »
Dean, I will be placing an order tomorrow with pbr, so if you like pm what you requiire and I will add it to my oder. Then you can fix me up for it and shipping to you at cost (not ebay rates) when the goods arrive.

Regards,
Tony
Thanks Tony, I have just emailed them to get a quote on a few things, need to see what its all worth.  Cheers Dean %$%

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 11:45:20 PM »
Money order $8.65

I right with you Nino, most people dont like Sys 1, me I cant stand to see any pin parted, all need to be restored to former glory #*#

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 11:46:48 PM »
Money order $8.65

I right with you Nino, most people dont like Sys 1, me I cant stand to see any pin parted, all need to be restored to former glory #*#

Dean - you will see a lot of love for system 1 and system 80 here..

I've never parted a game, and I just hate the thought of it happening...

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »
I have always been using 'International Money Orders' for PBR ....even after all these years the only place to buy parts for your vintage pins  ^^^

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 02:22:34 PM »
Hi guys, i tried to put my first order to PBR today and the chick pulls out a western union slip and says i need to have the end account number???

I read this thread but im still confused. PBR didnt give me an account number even though i told them that i would pay via an interbnational money order... Please help

Thanks!