Author Topic: Buyer's and Seller's Guide - Suggestion thread  (Read 5629 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Buyer's and Seller's Guide - Suggestion thread
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 10:21:06 PM »

Off the bat gents - Stop the bickering. Period. If you have PRIVATE issues, deal with them PRIVATELY. When the template has been submitted for member's approval, I will be removing all posts that are not relevant to the topic.

As Creech suggest -  !#%

Couple of pointers so far ;

Pinball sales will occur on eBay, Trading Post, Craigslist, PSPA, My Garage, your garage and his collection. Sales of Pinball machines are not restricted to dealers, there are heaps of private sales by people who are not dealers. eBay is not limited to dealers, most machines are sold by private owners. If a member (any member with more than 20 posts) wishes to sell his or her machine, we want to provide a universal platform to provide prospective buyers with a clear understanding of what they are buying. A NEWB can ask as many questions as he/she likes without feeling like thay are "hassling the seller". Seasoned collectors will know if it has a HOME ROM or not. Little things can make a difference and this will improve the experience of the buyer and seller. This will eliminate any possibility of mis communication, or "surprises" - by that I mean something like - "The bottom set of flippers has a flipper rebuild kit, but the top set does not".

What I'm putting up for consideration, is a basic checklist of items that a pinball machine will have completed at the time of the sale. It can be a "Home Use Only" pin, or a parts machine. But it will be clearly evident on the template.

• Moderators will NOT BE moderating or mediating the sale of machines. We will have no involvement.
  • There will not be a "rating system" like eBay.
  • We are not trying to seperate the professional businesses from the backyarder

We aim to create a universally accepted template that will be manditory for all sales of pinball machines through Aussie Pinball. The end result will be that the seller and the buyer know EXACTLY what the expectations are.

Keep the ideas coming - and keep it ON TOPIC

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia