Author Topic: The adventure of your first pinball purchase.  (Read 5987 times)

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: The adventure of your first pinball purchase.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 12:12:55 AM »
It was August 1995 and I had finally taken the biggest plunge of my life  , i had just bought my humble abode and invited many guests to come and break in my man cave .
As luck would have it it coincided with finding a real EM gem . I was travelling around a fairly new Perth suburb ( I was a sparky then ) when a  glimpse of a fairly familiar shape caught my eye and instantly drew me to her . She was unloved and laying under a dirty stained sheet in the corner of a carport screaming to be fondled . Well I knocked and knocked and no one was home , undeterred I left my number in the letterbox hoping that the abusive owner might want to part ways . A few days had passed and no avail ! It was getting closer to my home open and I new I needed a toy or gimmick to get things swinging and was not confident of getting her . Then it rang , I picked it up and a bloke said $150 bucks mate if ya keen . Hell yeah and I was around that night . A bit of rubbing and cleaning is all it need to get her going , it is a 1971 - EM 2001 Gottlieb BEWDY !
Well a few years have passed now and I hope to restore her soon and get her as close to new as I can go . Have nought a few more pinnies since then when the $$$ permits but looking forward to playing her again with 2 inch flippers and 20 , yes 20 drop targets and a so called futuristic theme , look it up some time as it will give you a chuckle .

boy did I draw that out ha ha
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.