Author Topic: Firepower Owners - New Daughterboard  (Read 160 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Firepower Owners - New Daughterboard
« on: February 08, 2012, 07:38:34 PM »
A fellow in the US has put together a plug in daughter board that eliminates the 3 bipolar roms and eprom socket replacement.

As he posted on RGP -

The three smaller PROM chips on Firepower are impossible to find in any form,  so if one of those dies you have to do a not-so-easy
modification to the CPU board just to keep the game running at all. It's just as difficult to reverse it if you want to use that board in
a non-firepower machine.

This turns it into a simple plug-in affair that can be done without tools. Just pull all the old EPROM's, move your CPU chip into the
socket on the daughter board, and plug this into the CPU chip socket.

-Hans

Hans will be able to supply the board with loaded game ROM, and here's some info from the latest email I received -

I have them all assembled, code prepared, and I am only awaiting delivery of the hologram stickers for the licensing.   I am also able to sell the boards without the eprom's installed at $20.  Note that I cannot provide the code on its own, only on a chip.

For those who may have missed a couple of the finer details on RGP as I updated it, I am also able to offer these boards with the full system 3 through system 6 game library.  This includes all solid state pinball games produced by Williams from Algar and Alien Poker all the way back to Hot Tip and Lucky 7.   They are all tested and functional,  and run fine.   (there is a small glitch with Lucky-7 where it fails the checksum test, but it does run fine otherwise).

Price is $30.00 US, plus shipping. If you want on the list, email hans@siegecraft.us

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Firepower Owners - New Daughterboard
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »
I like that what a great idea.   So the way I read it u can use it in any game?  How good would that be to not have to change all those rom sockets

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 08:05:58 PM »
I like that what a great idea.   So the way I read it u can use it in any game?  How good would that be to not have to change all those rom sockets

Sounds that way.

Want me to get you one?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 08:23:19 PM »
Sounds like a great idea to me
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 08:40:53 PM »

Sounds that way.

Want me to get you one?

Yeah thanks Nick that would be great

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 11:26:33 AM »
Sounds like a great idea,

If I hadnt already modded and socketed the board In mine id be keen too.

Does it use a single rom on the daughter of a later more available type?,What about the Ram Chip?

Ive got some of those old Roms out of mine originally if anyone wants em...

Peter..
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....