Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

KISS, my holy grail pin is here!!

(1/48) > >>

Mr Pinbologist:
WELL guys, today i left home a 6.30AM to drive down to Port Macquarie, Ian (howzat on here) came along for the drive, then on to Laurieton to pick up my KISS pin that i scored last week #*# #*# #*#

We got there about 11.30AM, and when we tried to power it up and start a game.. well wouldnt you know it... it decided not to work properly, the owner said it worked sometimes after switching it on and off a few times :lol  
anyway i wasnt put off by that at all, especially after i got into the back box and wiggled a few connectors and things started to work. So at that point i switched it off and started to take it apart to load it into the car. so that buggered up Howzats plans of having a game before i packed it up!! oh well he'll just have to come out to Armidale and play it when its done *%* *%*

ended up paying $3000 to get it.. a bit pricey?? well maybe considering the backglass issues (more on that later) but i look at it this way... if its a pin you've been looking for for a LONG time, get it while the getting's good, and KISS is just that.. one i have always said that if one came my way for the right price i'd grab it *%*
Any pin is only worth, imo, what someone is willing to pay for it, and although this one is a pretty tired example of a KISS now.. it'll look good when im done with it.. (I HOPE)  :lol

AND i sold two fender guitars to raise the rest of the money to buy it, something i swore id never do.. but they were guitars i didnt use that much anyway, so they were sold in a good cause!!

Anyway time for a few pics... the cab paint is pretty faded, definitely getting a respray!! and NO hack repairs under the pf, which was a nice change to see. Only one broken drop target. Indeed being my holy grail title it will get the full treatment, to the best of my abilities.

Mr Pinbologist:
And here is the part im most concerned about .. the backglass, It has sections on the bottom which the art has lifted away from the glass.. its all there though, and luckily i got it home without anymore damage to it!! Not exactly sure what to do with this yet... im thinking maybe, using a syringe, filled with triple thick or something and squirting it in between the glass and art, then spray some more TT on the backside while its laying flat, then doing the cling wrap trick and holding it down flat with a book/ piece of wood etc while it dries !@# !@# I knew the glass had damage because i could see it in the ebay pics, but i still wanted the game regardless as i reckon it was a once in a lifetime chance for me to own a KISS so i took the chance!!

Im open to any other suggestions if anyone has them!! If i can fix this, im happy to leave the glass as is coz the rest isnt really too bad at all and wont need much work.

Mr Pinbologist:
A few pics of the playfield...

very dirty, a few loose inserts, and not too much wear.. and complete with some Paragon bumper caps  :lol

Im definitely looking forward to starting on this!!

Mr Pinbologist:
some of the wear spots... not too much luckily, shouldnt be too hard to fix up.. It has mylar on it that will have to be removed.

goodolddays:
Congrats on getting one of your 'grail' pins Mitch . Really looking forward to watching your progress to fix this old girl up to your high standard  *%*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version