Author Topic: Pinball Promo Videos?  (Read 217 times)

Offline AskJacob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Normanhurst (Sydney)
Pinball Promo Videos?
« on: September 04, 2009, 10:42:15 AM »
I have a cheapie digital photo frame in the pinnie room that I have had for months but never really got round to setting it up yet...

I picked it up at kmart on closeout for $23, and the thing can also play video - so this brings me to an idea.... I like the idea of having other promo material like flyers, keychains etc, so I thought it would be kind of cool to add the promo videos for pinnies to it too.

This is unlikely, but where do you reckon I could find good quality versions? There are heaps on youtube, but they hark from the early days of youtube and are pretty average...

Also, do you know if any other manufacturers made promo vids? So far I can only find Williams/Bally stuff....

here is an example promo from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6wTc1RoVpA[/youtube]"]YouTube - Black Rose Pinball Promo Video

Cheers
Jacob

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
Re: Pinball Promo Videos?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:57:57 AM »
The Williams/Bally promo videos were exactly that... Videos!

What you see on YouTube are copies of the original VHS promo videos that have been played a thousand times before being copied.

These are available on DVD from Pin Game Journal: http://www.pingamejournal.com/cool/

They are better than what you see on YouTube, but only that they play full screen. The video quality itself is the same.

I have them here, and they are a GREAT watch! Williams really put some effort into these videos  ^^^

Offline AskJacob

• Forum Posts:
  • Normanhurst (Sydney)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 11:14:39 AM »
Thanks for that!

I knew they were not going to be awesome DVD quality, but the process of vhs->pc->youtube was not going to help, I was hoping for the vhs->pc only versions, which it seems the DVD will provide!

Thanks for the link!

Cheers
Jacob

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »
I thought of doing this too- and a member here was good enough to send me all the videos ( or a lot of them ) on disc.

Trouble is with the digi pic frames they need to play them as Mpegs ( I think ) or Avi's   !@# and the question is 'how to convert them' and then have EACH games video availabe as a seperate file on the frame.
DW Drums rule !

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 12:05:54 PM »
There are many free DVD to AVI or MPEG converted on the internet. Just do a Google search for them.

To split them up you need Video Editing software. This will usually need to be paid for, but there are free versions that might do the job...

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 12:08:06 PM »
If anyone is happy to burn a copy for me I'd love to check em all out without having to use PooTube.

Offline tomdotcom

• Forum Posts:
  • Canada
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:11:02 PM »
I found a torrent on piratebay of them. There is #1 and #2 set. 3gb's each or something. Never downloaded it, but it's worth a try.
=-= PINS: Swords of Fury, Fish Tales, Addam's Family, Getaway HS2, DE Time Machine, World Cup Soccer 94, Skateball =-=

=-= VIDS: Zeke's Peak, Custom mame cab =-=