Author Topic: Handy Hydraulic lifter  (Read 221 times)

Offline wiseold

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Handy Hydraulic lifter
« on: August 07, 2013, 10:57:15 AM »
Have been looking around for a hydraulic lifter for moving pins around the shed. Many issues out there in the market - too heavy, too wide, too expensive, too small etc. !@#

Happened upon this one which fits perfectly between the front legs of probably any pinball. Price is great too! I live in Sydney and was delivered the very next day for only $11 IIRC. :D

Works very nicely!

https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/J048

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: Handy Hydraulic lifter
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »
i think a lot of guys use that one, works very well, you can mod/bend/throw out the handle if needed  ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 12:52:51 PM »

Yep, got one of those a couple of months back, works well.

Worth securing some rubber mat to it though as otherwise the machine will slide too easily around.

One disadvantage though is that one set of wheels is fixed, so a little harder to maneuver, need to plan your corners more than you do with one with all swivel wheels.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 01:40:17 PM »
Postage looked pretty cheap too, $24.80 to Perth.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 01:46:56 PM »
Postage looked pretty cheap too, $24.80 to Perth.

Yes, it was only $20.00 to Geelong from memory.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline wiseold

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 02:26:04 PM »
Agreed the painted table top is very slippery - tried carpet but also slippery. Rubber essential.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »

Yep, got one of those a couple of months back, works well.

Worth securing some rubber mat to it though as otherwise the machine will slide too easily around.

One disadvantage though is that one set of wheels is fixed, so a little harder to maneuver, need to plan your corners more than you do with one with all swivel wheels.

Agree with this, great trolley and rubber would help.

I actually like the fixed wheels though as it helps prevent it from tipping! You do need to learn rear wheel steering though.  ^^^

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »
I had the same slippery table top issue so I went down to Bunnings, got a carpet square (rectangle actually) 50 cm x 100 cm and some adhesive Velcro and hey presto, a non slip mat!!

Mine is actually the next size up - the J050, and it fits under my Johnny Mnemonic, Tommy, Jurassic Park, Twilight Zone, Getaway HSII and WH20, as long as it is all the way down. This trolley did come with a rubber mat - but the smell was awful so in the bin it went.