Author Topic: Vinito got a new pin hauler !! (and other Vinito news)  (Read 515 times)

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
Re: Vinito got a new pin hauler !! (progress report)
« on: February 05, 2015, 04:13:34 PM »
Well it's been over a year and just yesterday I finally made some progress on my pinnie nook over the stairway.
I don't have a snapshot of it yet but I'll nab one as soon as I de-clutter the area a bit. Sometimes I'm a real slob. Plus it's winter here and the cold makes me pretty slothy.
So the drywall was done and painted long ago but I just built the shelf to hold the pin and set it in place yesterday. I even slipped a pin on it and it looks like it will work just great.

Lessee... The "new" automobile is working out great too. I really like that little Mazda.

As for the cabin across the street, I spent a ton of time on it this past summer but it's pretty much all been yard work. I had to cut down several trees which is tough for me since I really like the woodsy thing it's got going for it. But there are so many trees on that property that you hardly miss the ones that aren't there anymore, especially since they were getting pretty rotten and danger was inevitable - thus the removing of them. The addition of that yard makes for a little over an acre I've got to maintain now, so I ended up getting a nice mower which cut the time down to about 1/3 of what it used to take just to do the original yard. Gotta love that. I'll be wrapping up the yard this spring and moving to interior work. This summer I just want to make it habitable with a functional bathroom & kitchen and a few other bits. Anyway, once I get the yard work to a good point and spend a day straightening up the garage, I'll snap a photo of that to show y'all how it's going.

So in summary, pics coming of the pinball bar soon, pics coming of the man-cave cabin eventually, and no further pics of the car coming because.... it's a car.... which never gets better over time. But it hauls me around like a champ anyway.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.