Author Topic: Victory Pinball 1987  (Read 188 times)

Offline wingtipvortex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Victory Pinball 1987
« on: December 18, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »
Hey guys, a Victory pinball is up for sale down here in Tas. Just wanting to know some opinions of this game.  It has a rating of 7.6 on IPDB www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2733

It mentions this "Victory was the first game to use a fully screened photo realistic "Vitrigraph" mylar overlay for it's playfield rather than the industry standard silkscreen on the wood itself."  "The "Vitrigraph" mylar had significant adhesion problems; a later limited run of replacement playfields were made for operator replacement in the field. These were done as a standard silkscreen on the wood, with an overlay of clear mylar."

Ive seen the pin first hand and it seems to be in excellent condition.  Are there any owners of this particular pin here who can shed a bit more light on it?
The asking price is $1500. Is that too much? I have no idea, but for a title like this i was thinking more like $1000-$1200.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers,
Andy.

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
Re: Victory Pinball 1987
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:08:29 AM »
I've only played the Gottlieb pinball classics version for Wii.  So not really a great indication. lol

You're right, i think 1500 sounds a bit rich for one of these.  I guess the best idea is to play it, and if you like it and can knock the price down.  Go for it.

Personally, it seems to play a little clunky for my liking.  Judging by the video i just found on youtube.  Older games like Firepower, Flash etc would hold my interest for a lot longer than this game. 

Let us know how you go  ^^^

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 10:39:27 PM »
Very interesting seems i purchased this very pin last week but have not got down to pick it up yet.

Ian

Offline wingtipvortex

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:02:35 PM »
All good, been a week since i contacted him, i didnt know it was sold.  Congrats on the pick up Ian #*#

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:08:24 PM »
Thanks mate, alls good.

Ian

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 09:29:24 AM »
Very interesting seems i purchased this very pin last week but have not got down to pick it up yet.

Ian

Ian, thats the oldest trick in the book LOL....I actually brought it two weeks ago and havnt picked it up yet....LOL  *)*

Just joking Ian Im sure you did...
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 03:16:46 PM »

Ian

Ian, thats the oldest trick in the book LOL....I actually brought it two weeks ago and havnt picked it up yet....LOL  *)*

Just joking Ian Im sure you did...

well i actually bought it 2 weeks and one hour ago and have not picked it up yet. :lol

only joking, but i really did buy it and have not picked it up yet.

Ian