Author Topic: Rumours next JJP Pin is .......  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Rumours next JJP Pin is .......
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
I have always thought WOZ was a excellent theme. There is nothing out there at all in the pinball world even close to it. That makes it unique.
Unique is better than something that has been done over n over again.

The next JJP design, being something haunted etc, will be fine if it is unique and not just another remake.

.. and thank God there is nothing else like it !

I'm hoping the next theme is more in tune with what people would really like, and not another lame title.

Horror themes with a bit of humor are always a good idea. Stand alone theme will be the best idea.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 09:01:43 PM »
Dont forget WOZ has sold close to over 1500 units.  More importantly, Its not a lame title to over 1500 people who have laid down money on it.
If it wasnt for Wizard of OZ, JJP may not be looking at a second title. That 1500 WOZ sales cemented JJP's future. and 1500 units so far, before its even released. If it gets alot of positivity after its released, which i reckon it will, I reckon they might sell more than 2000 or even 2500, who knows.
Good times ahead with a great mix of different themes, more the merrier.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »
I have always thought WOZ was a excellent theme. There is nothing out there at all in the pinball world even close to it. That makes it unique.
Unique is better than something that has been done over n over again.

The next JJP design, being something haunted etc, will be fine if it is unique and not just another remake.

How is it unique besides from the lcd and a new software system?
It is another movie based pin after all and not a stand alone theme.

Can u show me another Wizard of Oz pinball that has been released before. ?
If the answer is NO, then the current WOZ machine coming out is UNIQUE !

That makes every other stand alone movie themed pin unique as well.
Your argument is flawed.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »
I've said it many times before but there are heaps of pins with a sucky theme that are actually great players.
I wouldn't have picked WoZ as a first choice for a pin but with the 1500+ sales, obviously enough people like it to warrant it being produced.
I think that no matter what pin is produced there are going to be people that bag the hell out of it.
"I hate the theme", "Why won't they make one we like?", "They know we want a non-licensed theme so why won't they make one?" blah, blah....

I'm just glad that someone is still making them.
I think that all of the rumored pins sound great because it means that more pins are going to be made and in all likelihood more will come after.

I do love the idea of another Elvira.
Yeah its been done but both of the previous Elvira machines were great games and I'd love to see where they take the theme for the next one.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 08:29:40 AM »
looks like it won't be Nordman's unlicensed theme pin as he has finished up at JJP unfortunately. That's Freres and Nordman in the last 2 weeks, I know they were contracted but you would think get pins 2 & 3 underway so they can turn out the pins out a little faster.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-nordman?replies=15#post-408073
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 08:52:50 AM »
Swinks, the software is taking a long time to do because not only are they writing the game software, they are also writing the operating software for a new system and hardware

Big task for only one guy

This should be better with future games as the hard work will have already been done

Jack should have hired more programmers and had them working on it sooner

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 09:18:46 AM »
Not knocking him, as what he has done from the ground up is amazing, WOZ isn't for me and Hobbit isn't going to my thinhg but love what he has released so far so was hoping for a unlicensed to put a deposit on. Yeah understand the software and the lcd programming would be a huge amount of work.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 10:02:06 AM »
With the quality coming out of Stern at the moment, its JJP who should be worried, not Stern which everyone has said was going to be left behind.

Since WOZ has dragged on for so very long, JJP will need to bring something else amazing to the table for number 2 machine, and convince people they can build and deliver it by mid 2013 so people put deposits down. 

**Given Stern are about to release 2 more amazing machines over n above the X Men Title of the Pro and the X Men LE,  JJP have even more catching up to do. By the time JJP number 2 gets here, Sterns X Men pins, Avengers Pro and LE and at least one more title from Stern would have hit the market. Its making WOZ release look old hat already. Stern is on fire and raging away with some great design and manufacturing. 2012 and 2013 will be Sterns best 2 years ever by the looks of it.

JJP should be emergency stations working frantically to just keep up with Gary Sterns pace. Lets see what happens.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 10:58:28 AM »
Was it ever stated that Jack was going to bring out more than one title per year?

With the quality coming out of Stern at the moment, its JJP who should be worried, not Stern which everyone has said was going to be left behind.

I think you mean ‘quantity’ not ‘quality’

I know Ironman was a long time ago, but I assume Stern is still printing highly pixilated cabinets
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:01:17 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 11:17:52 AM »
Was it ever stated that Jack was going to bring out more than one title per year?

I know Ironman was a long time ago, but I assume Stern is still printing highly pixilated cabinets

And for that there is absolutely no reason whatsoever... you can only print to the quality of the file and if you cant be bothered to make a quality file for a cabinet some 1300mm long then it just shows how little you care. Ive just put up a 14 metres by 1200mm print... even at very close up there is no pixelation whatsoever.
Why STERN use low res files is beyond me

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
I like the cab on Ironman, even with the pixelation.
I appreciate that some don't but it really doesn't bother me besides you play the game not the cab.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »

There is no pixalation on the new X Men at all. The quality is amazing. AC/DC cab art was terriffic.

Sterns machines are top quality at the moment and AC/DC was the first of the new range that is dramatically better than the previous offerings. Since STERN Pinball took a large capital injection from that investment banking company in the USA and sold 40 percent of its shares/business etc and got some outside $$, things have never looked so good. No one can seriously say the quality from top to bottom of the X Men range has any short comings. You wait n see, the next few Stern offerings should blow people away. Look at a X Men Pro and u will see the $$ invested here already. The new offerings will be be Sterns best from now on and I dont think JJP really did anything, cause Gary took the capital and made some big changes before JJP announced itself.

Stern are going great guns. No one is perfect yet, but Stern is trying real hard and i respect them for that. Everyone from Stern is fired up. Reading emails from Stern peoples I have dealt with and the passion oozes from these guys. I reckon we have some special times ahead. I am now a big STERN convert. Apart from some small teething problems with the AC/DC Le models, and only a handful, everything elae has been excellent. There are alot of very happy repeat Stern customers out there, incl a few on AP.  JJP will have to pull rabbits out bigtime soon or they will lose all momentum in the market place. Alot of people have already lost the shine cause WOZ has dragged out by alot. It will still be good, but waiting a little too long sometimes gives a customer less desire to be so quick to spend again. Time will tell. Long Live Pinball.lol We need Stern, we need JJP.

I think Stern is healthy and has a very bright future. Hope JJP/Jack doesnt get discouraged. Hope they all stay fired up.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:53:38 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 08:54:40 AM »
Swinks, the software is taking a long time to do because not only are they writing the game software, they are also writing the operating software for a new system and hardware

Big task for only one guy
This should be better with future games as the hard work will have already been done

Jack should have hired more programmers and had them working on it sooner

Unsure - but doesnt reading that about "part" of a business model make anyone else make anyone else concerned about the 'back up ' end of this business once a game is released and starts to have issues  !@#

Will that area have 'one guy' as well *!@

Will the 'one' warranty, parts, service guy be able to keep up
Has there been any discussion on this?

DW Drums rule !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 09:42:07 AM »
Wotto, Jack has had years of experience selling parts and providing warrenties
?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:17 AM »

Could he survive on only bringing out 1 pinball a year? sold 1500 units really? not sure how many after the release he will sell the theme will hurt this game I'm convinced,  alot are waiting for theme 2 including me.

Peter ^^^