Author Topic: Luna Park (sydney) Tours  (Read 272 times)

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Luna Park (sydney) Tours
« on: March 13, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »
In the Travel section of today's Sydney Morning Herald (page 21 - see pic), is an article on the tours of Luna Park Sydney. Tours are led by "the park's resident historian". The writer concludes "The beauty of this tour is that the history of Luna Park is part of the history of Australians at leisure".
Next tour is being run on 26 March and cost is $17.50. Anyone interested?
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Re: Luna Park (sydney) Tours
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 04:52:33 PM »
Took Mrs Bossninja for a walk around North Sydney last night to see the Earth Hour lights out. Had to go past Luna Park. Here is was, 8.30pm and I'm looking into Coney Island (should be peak time), and there is max 10 people in there. The 2 pins were not even being played. This can't be sustained ... I was depressed. To cheer me up, Mrs Bossninja bought be a Luna Park tie (great value at $4.95) - I'll wear it to the next meet or expo.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 08:43:58 PM »
Couple of photos I took of Coney Island last Saturday night.
Note the lack of people - will this icon survive?
Only 2 pins in the distance - any guesses what they are?

Offline v200juke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »
 A terrible shame to see such an icon lowered to this. The pressure of being on such prime real estate will no doubt close the doors for good soon. What a slap in the face for this grand ol` lady.