Author Topic: Flash Gordon no sound  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Flash Gordon no sound
« on: February 22, 2019, 10:20:14 PM »

Hi guys,

I’ve lost the sound on my Flash Gordon machine. It’s had this issue a couple of times before but it’s usually just been the 20amp fuse that’s blown (not sure why). This time it’s not a fuse.

I’ve tried resetting connectors (all backbox connectors were reprinted when the machine was restored in 2013) and I’ve just repinned J2 connector to the rectifier board. The rectifier board is a new Alltek board I swapped in about 12months ago when I last had this issue.

I’ve reseated the Roms in the Squawk and Talk (sound) board. No luck there either. I also just noticed the Squawk and Talk only flashes once on start up. Where to for here? Any advise appreciated.

Offline Quench

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Flash Gordon no sound
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 01:32:32 AM »

I’ve lost the sound on my Flash Gordon machine.

I also just noticed the Squawk and Talk only flashes once on start up. Where to for here? Any advise appreciated.

Does the LED just quickly flicker on startup or quick flicker then half second flash for first blink?

The blink codes are on PinWiki. Just scroll down a little at this link:
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#General_Troubleshooting

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Flash Gordon no sound
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 03:57:39 PM »

I’ve lost the sound on my Flash Gordon machine.

I also just noticed the Squawk and Talk only flashes once on start up. Where to for here? Any advise appreciated.

Does the LED just quickly flicker on startup or quick flicker then half second flash for first blink?

The blink codes are on PinWiki. Just scroll down a little at this link:
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#General_Troubleshooting

Thanks for that, I’ll have sometime tomorrow to check it out.