Author Topic: Haunted House owners, can you please take a quick multimeter reading for me?  (Read 1171 times)

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Hi all,

I'm testing the coil resistance on my Haunted House before I power it up, as per the recommendation in Clay's guide.

On the main playfield, I'm getting 1.6 ohms on all 4 flipper coils. When I disconnect the ground wire from one of the main playfield flippers, I get 2.9 ohms, which is about right according to the chart in the manual, so it seems like the coils are good.

However, is it normal for the main playfield flippers to have this lower resistance (1.6 ohms) when they are in the circuit? I ask because Clay's guide says all the coils should read above 2.4 ohms.

Can anyone with a Haunted House please put the leads of their multimeter on the outside lugs of one of your main playfield flipper coils and read the resistance for me? You can probably do it through the coin door, don't even need to lift the playfield.

Thanks

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Do you think BH would be the same? I can check mine if you like.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”