Author Topic: Williams Flash Restoration  (Read 8224 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Williams Flash Restoration
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »
Great work as usual Nino, playfield looks sweet as!!  ^^^

Looking forward to seeing the backglass after you do the touchups, still it looks a LOT better already than my own Flash backglass which is pretty ordinary, and needs pretty extensive work.

Will get back onto my own Flash soon as i finish Pinball Pool (and soon as i find time to do it all.. too busy working on other people's games)  :D

Are new plastics available for Flash? the reds are faded in mine and i'd like to replace them if i can get them  *%*

The artwork on Flash is really eye catching. All the Flash machines I've restored have scrubbed up really well. I guess there is some luck involved, as I've seen some very tired and worn Flash games over the journey. They were VERY popular back in their heyday. Their only downside was reliability. A lot more work goes into Williams games as compared with Bally's of the same era. As far as I know there are no plastics, but given that there are still many Flash games in collections, I think CPR would be looking at a playfied / plastic / backglass combo. Can't go wrong with this game.

That is an absolute credit to you, top job. Do you mind if I ask about the process for re-graining the coin door. It looks fantastic.

The door has to be completely stripped and straightened (if it is bent). If it has a lot of scratches, I use 120 wet / dry sandpaper with Windex. The key is to be firm but the up / down sanding motion must be straight, or your new grain lines will be bent. After 120 wet / dry, I move to 180 wet / dry with windex. That's about it. Simply sand in straight lines and then rinse with water and dry. These doors were not "highly polished", they were grained from factory. It is easy to do doors and siderails in this manner.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia