Author Topic: Command BF Data East error  (Read 142 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Command BF Data East error
« on: April 08, 2013, 06:32:44 AM »
In my Jurassic Park, when you turn the machine on, it starts up OK, CPU LEDs flash as they should, shows the normal machine info on the screen, then says "COMMAND BF", after that, the DMD stays off, yet game boots and plays as per normal....without a display.

What happened leading up to this:   I am helping a guy fix a WWF power supply board and have installed it a few times in JP - there was no 5V or 12 V, until i replaced fuse clips and ran a few jumper wires where holes had burnt in the board.  I am unsure if this affected anything, or the problem is elsewhere on my JP - just wanted to check things out before i took his WWF board back to him.

I am getting the correct voltages on CN6 (ie :-12, +12  , +5) - any ideas where to start - i have no other DE machines to swap things with.

Thanks

Rob

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Command BF Data East error
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:05:59 AM »

1. Check the display voltages
2. Check that the Display ROM is not loose. Sounds to me like you need to re seat the Display ROM, or it is the wrong version ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Command BF Data East error
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:36:33 AM »
Will reseat and check voltages when I get home. Display rom is the correct one as ive had JP for years with no worries. It's only happened since i put the Wwf power supply board in (although JP prob hadn't been turned on for a couple of months prior)