Author Topic: Addams trouble  (Read 269 times)

Offline maddaddams

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Addams trouble
« on: July 06, 2013, 10:17:48 AM »
Hi guys, haven't got a real clue about electronics, have an Addams pinball have done a gold upgrade with LEDs every thing else is original. Anyway back to my problem, the jet bumpers and kickers aren't working during gameplay, I have tried tracing back the string of wiring back to the main board using the manual also, but like I said earlier I don't have a clue, any help would be greatly appreciated. I should mention that going into menu setting/tests everything works fine just during gameplay they will not work.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Re: Addams trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »
Can you confirm that in test mode that those particular solenoids fire, but not during game play?

If that is the case again in test mode do the switches etc register for those solenoids not working

Offline maddaddams

• Forum Posts:
Re: Addams trouble
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 10:35:40 AM »
I can confirm that in test mode they are working and that it does register as a fault on their switches, 31 - 35 when entering menu at power up.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 11:36:18 AM »

Sounds like you have a column out. That would be all the switches 31-38.

If you have the manual, look at the back of the book for the "Switch Matrix". If you don't have the book, download the PDF from IPDB.org.

Check the CPU connector J206, pin 3. It is Green and orange. Is it loose or has it fallen out of the connector ? Reseat the connector.

Check all the switches in that column - all the Pop bumpers, both LHS and RHS slingshots and the upper left loop. You are looking at the switch for a Green and Orange wire that has fallen off.

After following these steps - report back !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 02:17:52 PM »

Make sure the game is off when doing any of the checking mentioned here or other repair work.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline maddaddams

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 07:16:36 PM »
Have checked the J206 connector and pin 3, all wires seem to be seated in the J206 plug and the plug is firmly attached to the CPU board, I have a copy of the switch matrix diagram inside the head cabinet. I've noticed that below the J206 connector is a J207 connector that says column is it wise to switch the harness connector from J206 to J207, or will it short out the CPU board or something else?