Author Topic: Any reason why I shouldn't mod my EM ?  (Read 135 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Any reason why I shouldn't mod my EM ?
« on: July 19, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »
Gday all .

One for the EM guys ..

I recently replaced the completely burn lock coil on my Williams Gulf Stream .
I had been running the game without it for quite a long time (simply bent the requestite switches on that relay closed or open (to simulate relay energised) .
When I replaced the lock relay I thought this would also fix the problem of if you power the machine off mid game , then turn it back on , it continues where it left off.
I expected what it should do is continue to pulse ball count unit to 0 , which would then light 'Game Over' .

After spending too much time recently trying to find the fault stopping it from doing this , I have finally realised that it is designed this way  &^& !@).

I've attached the relevant part of the schematic .
At power on the game over relay trips (as it should) via the normally closed switch on the Game Over relay and the normally closed switch on the lock relay .
Note that the power side of the ball release coil is shown as connecting 'to Red Feed' . In series in the Red Feed (not shown in my attachment) is another switch on Game Over relay that opens when G.O relay trips , thereby killing power to most playfield coils (including Ball Release) .
With the ball in the outhole, the Outhole relay is energised , which in turns energises the Ball Index relay (alos not included in my attachment) so the Ball Count reset coil will be energised via the outhole switch , Ball Index relay switch and Score motor Cam 2A (see attachment) which is all fine .

The problem is that the Game Over relay will be latched (via the Ball Count Unit) if the ball count is greater than 1 , which means that ball release coil now has power so ball is ejected to the shooter lane .

Can anyone interested tell me why it would be designed this way ? Can anyone see a disadvantage if I make a small mod by disconnecting the red/green wire from the Ball Count Unit . ??

Cheers
Dave

I need more room ! and more $$$