Author Topic: GnR Fuse F5 blows during Multiball  (Read 139 times)

Offline pinballnz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • New Zealand
    • Pinball NZ
GnR Fuse F5 blows during Multiball
« on: August 17, 2014, 10:46:15 AM »
Hi
The fuse blows 15 -20 secs into multiball.

I suspect it is to do with the magnets and I will order a new Homepin magnet board  as I have put 1 then 2 of the 3 fuses back in for the magnets and it all works fine with any blown fuses. It is only when 3 fuses are in it blows F5. I have not yet rearranged the 2 fuses to see if it makes a difference.

Is it possible a magnet is faulty and drawing more power?
Is it also possible the BR on the ppb board needs replacing?

Your thoughts?

Regards
Clive

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: GnR Fuse F5 blows during Multiball
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 11:45:06 AM »
Hello Clive - I have responded to your email but I think it's worth copying here to possibly assist others:

"Please be aware that this replacement corrects a few original design flaws with the magnet circuitry BUT it does not completely eliminate some issues. We make this board mainly to replace originals that have ben repaired dozens of times and have tracks missing and holes burnt in them.

The ONLY long term fix for the DE magnet problems is to move this board from under the playfield and mount it next to the MPU - make SHORT leads to connect the new board to the MPU and then run 3 x heavy wires from this board down to the magnets.

It is generally agreed that the data and clock lines that feed this board pick up noise from the machine due to their long length from the MPU - this confuses the board and so the magnets lock on and then things start to burn! Moving the board and making the clock/data leads very short cures this problem in all cases that have been reported."
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals