Author Topic: Question for Charlies Angels pinball, she wont work  (Read 216 times)

Offline rednuts81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Question for Charlies Angels pinball, she wont work
« on: October 24, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »
Ok so when i turn the charlie pin on she powers up ok but when i push the start button it comes up with "CHECK COIL 6 CANNOT DRIVE'' and has nb were ball 1 should be. Ichecked all fuses and read threw manuals but cant work out were to look next any help would be great. Im running a Pascal PI-1x4 board as well ^&^

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW

Misread OP.   :D 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:41:36 PM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Question for Charlies Angels pinball, she wont work
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 07:04:12 AM »
I had a similar issue with a machine and it turned out to be the coil which loads the ball into shot lane had a loose wire which needed resoldering. So I'd check the coil connections next.

Good luck, nothing worse than when your machines not working and you can't work out why.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »
The molex connectors can be a problem. Worth re doing or at least checking. I had the same problem with my Genie. A wire had broken of in the molex connector at the board.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 09:44:37 AM »

As mentioned, will be the coil or the connector / wire to that coil.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline casperthefriendly

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 09:03:14 PM »
Ok so when i turn the charlie pin on she powers up ok but when i push the start button it comes up with "CHECK COIL 6 CANNOT DRIVE''

Urm, sorry if this is stating the bleedin' obvious, but have you checked coil 6? Look for broken wires and/or a stuck plunger. if you don't know which one in coil 6, check them all.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:40:06 PM »
This is where a Pascal board manual or making contact with Pascal himself might help if you are not quite sure which coil and what you should be checking.  I am guessing that the manual would list which coils are numbered what with his board to pinpoint the culprit.

Other option is to check all the coils under the playfield - give a little tug on all the wires and make sure none are loose.  If they are all good, check any diodes and make sure none have come loose as well as the winding itself.  Also check that the plungers on all of the coils move in and out of the coils freely.
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 10:20:08 PM »
This is where a Pascal board manual or making contact with Pascal himself might help if you are not quite sure which coil and what you should be checking.  I am guessing that the manual would list which coils are numbered what with his board to pinpoint the culprit.

Other option is to check all the coils under the playfield - give a little tug on all the wires and make sure none are loose.  If they are all good, check any diodes and make sure none have come loose as well as the winding itself.  Also check that the plungers on all of the coils move in and out of the coils freely.

+ 1 to contacting Pascal - great guy, he will certainly respond (always has to me) Email is - pascalpi1@aol.com

The manual only covers coils 1-5 as they are the same for all games (outhole, knocker, 10 pt, 100 pt, 1,000pt). For the next three coils (6,7,8), they are specific depending on which game, but the manual does not unfortunately give a list of the game specific coils driven. Starting point would be an email to Pascal  - ask him if he can tell you which coil is being driven on your game by driver 6. Likely easy from there.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »

Looking at the game, I was guessing it has to be one of the two drop target reset coils - but per the Charlies' Angels manual - coil 6 is not used!! 7 & 8 are the reset coils.

Now - what's the chance you have the board accidentally set to another game, so it's looking to drive coil 6?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 10:43:22 PM »

Looking at the game, I was guessing it has to be one of the two drop target reset coils - but per the Charlies' Angels manual - coil 6 is not used!! 7 & 8 are the reset coils.

Now - what's the chance you have the board accidentally set to another game, so it's looking to drive coil 6?

Exactly what i was thinking when after reading this thread, i checked the manual for Charlies Angels, and noticed coil #6 isnt used!
I thought of this yesterday but neglected to post a reply  @.@