Author Topic: Stern Dracula restore; PART 2  (Read 6637 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern Dracula restore; PART 2
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 12:22:45 AM »
Ball Shooter :

This was looking crappy so I removed the plunger and springs and gave the housing a sand back with 220 grit sandpaper, then 400 grit. As shown in the 1st pic I wrapped a 3/8’ drill bit in masking tape and pushed the shooter housing onto the drill bit firmly, and spun the drill at a slow speed while holding the sandpaper against it.. thus making short work of sanding!! A quick wipe with Prepsol and rag and it was given a few coats of acrylic primer.

When the primer had dried I sanded it again with 400 grit, cleaned it up with Prepsol and hit it with a few coats of acrylic white. While that was drying I mounted the plunger shaft in my drill and buffed the shaft and end to a nice shine. Then reassembled everything when the paint had dried.

One mistake id made when repainting the cab.. the cutout for the plunger assy had at some stage been enlarged/drilled out, so the hole was just visible with the shooter mounted .. Of course I forgot about this when I repaired the cab didn’t I??!! @.@ Anyway to get around the problem I cut out a piece of clear polycarbonate plastic to fit over the shooter housing mounts, and made it a slightly larger diameter than the housing itself, thus covering the hole. Next I painted the plastic on the back side that would be against the cabinet with the same colour paint as the cab.

Worked out pretty well I think, the average person looking at it would never know it wasn’t original unless they knew a bit about these games.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 02:11:17 AM by Mr Pinbologist »