Author Topic: The Courthouse Newtown Pins  (Read 4696 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: The Courthouse Newtown Pins
« on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:37 PM »
For anyone who hasn't been there before, I highly recommend it. Some great games in the line up there including LE versions of X-Men and AC-DC as well as some classics DMD's in Monster Bash and Tails Of Arabian Nights. Not all games played perfectly but most did and there wasn't many people around so I pretty much had the run of the machines. Probably a different story at other times of the night though I guess. Pretty much all games are $2 for five balls except AC-DC which was $2 for three balls. Only suggestion I'd make is if they'd crack out the windex every now and then the games would look even better, also right hand flipper on MB and IJ did the job but weren't as they should be.

For me though I have to say that the X-Men was I highlight. I was keen to play it before hand but didn't really have much expectation. In the flesh it looks a lot less plastic than the photos i'd seen and it plays great. Heaps to do and shoot at and the Magneto 4 ball multi ball goes off in a big way when the balls drop from under Magneto onto the magnetic spinning disk and get worked up into a whip before getting fired of at you was awsome.  X-Men also has a great sound track which I think is well used to build the intensity of the game.