Author Topic: Gottlieb Free Fall High End Restoration  (Read 9082 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Gottlieb Free Fall High End Restoration
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2022, 05:50:40 PM »
Sheesh... Been a long time since any of my threads have been updated. So now I have a new PC with photos etc moved across I'll update some of the resto threads, starting with "Free Fall" as it has had a ton of work done to it. Delays have been frustrating, with the shipping and service issues at PBR through the pandemic and post pandemic. But other things were done. This update concentrates on the apron, which is the most recent part of the resto completed (I'll jump back to other sections later). This was frustrating as my paint supplier was closed during the lockdowns, so I tried using rattle cans which was a DISASTER. The regulator on my Compressor crapped itself and the only place I could find a replacement was in the USA. I should have just waited..

Here is the Apron unique to the Add-A-Ball machines ;

Stripped and prepped for primer ( I used Rustoleum cans from Bunnings )

After 24 Hours, this started happening..

It was a little bit better on the ball arch, but not what I wanted, so I practiced the splatter effect from a can, which I did not like.

The Ball Arch does have a Serial number sticker that I wanted to retain. Took an hour to remove it without damaging it !

FINALLY the regulator arrived for the compressor, so I stripped the paint again, and used the tried and tested method of painting and it all turned out well.

The next step was to use the (provided) Pinball Rescue Apron Decals.

.. only to find the horizontal lines under the cards was not straight..

But the Ball Arch came up perfect ;

Now the question will be - Where is the webbing / splatter ? Well that will be covered soon..

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia