Author Topic: Thread: IJ Path of Adventure - Prototype PCB made - waiting for testing  (Read 648 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
New project at Homepin is a replacement driver board for Indiana Jones - Path of Adventure driver board, We have all the parts coming but need the dimensions as shown in the diagram below in order to complete the PCB artwork and get the boards ordered. Please PM or post them here if you can help. A couple of CLEAR pictures of both sides of the board would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

We need five measurements (all in MM):

A
B
C
D
Hole Diameter

This is the board:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:25:33 AM by Homepin »
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I will get them to you about mid week if no one gets them to you before then.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I will get them to you about mid week if no one gets them to you before then.

That's great thankyou. I had some feedback and made an 'educated guess' in order to get a start on the board.

I have shuffled a few things around to allow for use of different components and also to make it a single sided board.

Single sided makes the board cheaper to manufacture and easier to repair at some future date. Downside is that I had to add three wire jumpers but I have beefed up all tracks and solder pads as thick as possible.

Just waiting on some bits to arrive now......

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I am sure that the owner of the IJ that i need a board for will be more than happy to buy one ASAP

the board looks good
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Prototype is made and almost assembled - just waiting on the driver chip......... (((

While I was making prototype boards I also made a Triac Driver board. These are used on a lot of WMS machines to drive AC motors etc - one example is the rotating beacon on top of the backbox on Getaway HSII. This board is often missing - removed for reasons unknown  !@#

Once fully tested I will do a short run of these - there isn't much to go wrong but sometimes the simplest boards give the biggest headaches.….....

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
excellent work as always Mike  ^^^

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
OK- chip arrived and board is finished and tested - ready to send to Beaky to install and test in the machine. If the test all goes well I will put the board into production.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
top job mate  ^^^

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Mike,

Thanks to people like you , pinball restoration should be around for a long time ^^^ ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
The man is a genius. As usual, great work Mike. Well done.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I tested it in Cavey's Indy and it worked flawlessly (thanks Brett  ^^^ )

I will install it it's new home over the next day or two.

Thank you for all of your effort with this one Mike. Cavey wants one from the first batch so he has a spare for his Indy

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I tested it in Cavey's Indy and it worked flawlessly (thanks Brett  ^^^ )

I will install it it's new home over the next day or two.

Thank you for all of your effort with this one Mike. Cavey wants one from the first batch so he has a spare for his Indy

Great news that it works OK. I will go ahead and order a batch of PCBs and get a small run happening.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
When i purchase one, it will be worth every cent. Extremely well made, everything on that board is perfect, and the size matchs as well.

Since this integral part of the "Indy Path of Adventure" is not avail anywhere anymore, purchasing a replacement (spare from Mike-Homepin) makes sense to me, or would be an ideal  for other Indiana Jones owners to put inside their machine for later on. I think it is extremely generous again of Mike to custom make this items for us collectors.

It is very much appreciated.  ^^^ 
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !