Author Topic: 2 small SS issues on 2 different machines  (Read 523 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
2 small SS issues on 2 different machines
« on: June 02, 2016, 07:46:53 PM »
Hi Guys
2 small issues I could use some advise on please.
1-One of the pop bumpers on my Flash has lost about 50% of its power (only kicks very softly). Had a look to the best of my ability and everything seems tight,nothing broken and looks good from underneath.

2-Getting some intermittent strange electronic sounds from my Gorgar.Hard to explain but I'll do my best. When you hit a target it makes a different electronic noise than it usually does not a sound the machine is meant to make..wired, strange sounds. When it happens it continues to do it until I turn the machine off and on then goes back to normal. Happening more and more and tonight the speakers have developed some nasty back ground static like a radio not tuned in properly. I cleaned up and re soldered the speaker wire to no avail. I'm thinking sound board issue, should I just pull out the board and send it off for teasing and repair ?

I hope that all made sense and thanks in advance for any advice.
cheers ...Tim

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: 2 small SS issues on 2 different machines
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 07:52:46 PM »
Pop bumper could be a bad solder joint or even just dirt and grease on the rings preventing it moving clean and free.
Sound board issue sounds like faulty capacitors to me.. any "noise" is taken away by those little ceramic caps tied to each IC.

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: 2 small SS issues on 2 different machines
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 07:39:46 PM »
Pop bumper could be a bad solder joint or even just dirt and grease on the rings preventing it moving clean and free.
Sound board issue sounds like faulty capacitors to me.. any "noise" is taken away by those little ceramic caps tied to each IC.
Thanks for the tips Gavin.
I'm pretty sure you nailed them both. The lazy pop bumper was a bit dirty so I did a little you tube home work and pulled it apart from the underside cleaned it all up and re-assembled and all nice and snappy again.
With the Gorgar sound issues defiantly something going on with the sound/speech boards I know longer have any speech instead every time I am meant to get speech a get an electronic sound effect instead so the boards will be sent off for service and repair shortly.