Author Topic: Zac Devil Riders conundrum  (Read 232 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Zac Devil Riders conundrum
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
I have a whole row of switches not working on Zac DR... its switches 32 through to 39... all switches are connected via a thin black wire ( common ground i suspect). According to schematics this wire should go to the CPU at CN10 pin 5... i have nothing at pin5... mine goes to CN11 pin 5.
Can someone with a working DR check the location of this black wire? Is it CN10 or 11??

( BTW - row still doesnt work if i move the wire to CN10)

Cheers guys.. ^^^ ^^^

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Zac Devil Riders conundrum
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:47:14 PM »
I have a whole row of switches not working on Zac DR... its switches 32 through to 39... all switches are connected via a thin black wire ( common ground i suspect). According to schematics this wire should go to the CPU at CN10 pin 5... i have nothing at pin5... mine goes to CN11 pin 5.
Can someone with a working DR check the location of this black wire? Is it CN10 or 11??

( BTW - row still doesnt work if i move the wire to CN10)

Cheers guys.. ^^^ ^^^

there is a black wire at CN11 pin 5
there is no wire at CN10 pin 5

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 11:46:03 PM »
Thanks mate... i was looking at the switch matrix diagram which says it goes to CN10... if you go to the actual schematics then it is listed as CN11 and it looks like i have a blown 3081 transistor array...AGAIN!!!!... ^&^ I dont have any bloody spares...AGAIN!!!!  ^&^

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:52:50 PM »
Thanks mate... i was looking at the switch matrix diagram which says it goes to CN10... if you go to the actual schematics then it is listed as CN11 and it looks like i have a blown 3081 transistor array...AGAIN!!!!... ^&^ I dont have any bloody spares...AGAIN!!!!  ^&^

Never mind - the new ZAC MPU PCB is being made RIGHT NOW and should be ready in a few weeks. No more CA3081's to bother about....

In your case - you could identify exactly WHICH transistor in the array is knackered and solder a BC547 across the appropriate legs of the IC (that's what I would do anyway).

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 12:22:11 AM »

Never mind - the new ZAC MPU PCB is being made RIGHT NOW and should be ready in a few weeks. No more CA3081's to bother about....

In your case - you could identify exactly WHICH transistor in the array is knackered and solder a BC547 across the appropriate legs of the IC (that's what I would do anyway).

oooh... clever thinking Mike.. i like your style... thats just what ill do as i only have the 1 transistor down. Cheers mate!

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 12:11:52 PM »
I have some 3081s if u need one let me know.  These are a VERY common failure point on Zaccaria system 1 and 2 boards
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock